Re: Fois 1 remote does not work volume or turn on/off the TV
Janefoe484
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why is this NEW issue being buried under an OLD post that is listed as resolved? It's  extremely tedious to be forced to dig through pages and pages of posts to get to the end. This is NOT related to the June 2019 post, nor is this resolved.  Whoever forced all of these new posts under this old listing needs to make it separate or at least mark it unresolved! 

Regarding the suggestion that I try to program my TV remote to control the box:. I have an older, cheap LCD TV made by Sceptre (which I can't replace in order to afford the prohibitively expensive monthly service fee Verizon charges).  I don't think the remote can be programmed to control the box;  there aren't correlating controls for all of the functions.  Verizon just needs to FIX this issue--for the hundreds of dollars I pay every month, this is unacceptable! 🤬

0 Likes
Re: Recent update and FiOs remote suddenly won't control power or volume
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Janefoe484 wrote:

What on earth is a mini? 

The mini is the second Fios box in a setup where you have two or more Set Top boxes. I guess you only have one box in your situation. Do you have the voice control remote? If so then you have a VMS 4100 box. The Mini is an IPC 4100. It is dependent on the VMS for most of its services, therefore you get them together if you have two or more. If you have the old remote you have a VMS1100 box and I need to know that.

As far as my suggestion to reprogram your tv remote, that is exactly what it was, a suggestion. I thought it might not occurred to people with programmable TV remotes. The problem is being looked into by at least 3 people I know of, Things like this take time to sort out.

Janefoe484
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have only one box with a voice remote.  And if that's information that's needed, it should be requested from the start.  

As for it "taking time" my time is valuable.  I'm wasting time finding and replying these buried posts, not to mention the gazillion extra steps I have to take just to turn my TV on and off, raise/decrease volume and switch through services.  To add insult to injury, as this gets sorted out, I'm paying FULL price for services!! 

Also, again, why is this NEW ISSUE being buried under an OLD problem that's marked as resolved?  This needs its own NEW thread!  I bet more people have this problem, but Verizon conveniently buries it in this old thread, so as to not make it a priority/known problem.  Given how many people are quarantined right now, Verizon should be doing everything in its power to highlight and expedite solutions, not hide them! 

0 Likes
Janefoe484
Enthusiast - Level 3

THIS DOES NOT WORK!  I only have one box and one remote.  

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV One Remote Programming for LG TV
henry11301

Yes,  I have a LG and an Energy Sound Bar.  All was well until today when something was pressed incorrectly and my volume and mute no longer work.  I have followed all the instructions I can find and still no voice control as I had through the sound bar or the TV.  Will trying calling support or chatting and maybe they can help.  

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV One Remote Programming for LG TV
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Try re-programming the remote. Make sure ALL devices are turned on. Menu>settings>voice control>Fios voice remote>Reset remote setup. Hit ok, reboot the box. Go back in, Menu>settings>voice control>Fios voice remote, this time select Manual setup. It will ask about your TV, then when that's complete it should ask about the soundbar. Once done and all OKs are done reboot the box again and you should be all set.

Frabbarr

It does not work with my new Samsung. oddly though, it used to. It stopped after I was handling the remote while watching the computer- some combination of keys I inadvertently pressed apparently disabled it.  Fortunately, I still have the old remote, which adjusts the volume just fine.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Frabbarr wrote:

It does not work with my new Samsung. oddly though, it used to. It stopped after I was handling the remote while watching the computer- some combination of keys I inadvertently pressed apparently disabled it.  Fortunately, I still have the old remote, which adjusts the volume just fine.

Does the old remote still turn the power off as well? This might be helpful to know in sorting this out.

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Frabbarr wrote:

Can you tell me the Model # of the Fios box, the firmware version (APR), the model and make of TV and when it started to give you grief? Support needs the info to see what's going on.

Thanks

Janefoe484
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has a solution been provided to this yet? Can't tell/hard to follow the order of these posts.

0 Likes