Re: Fois 1 remote does not work volume or turn on/off the TV
ronrak

Same here but my Microphone Key doesn’t work either?

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@ronrak wrote:

Did you try pulling the batteries out of the remote for 5 minutes, then putting them back in? Or un-pair then re-pair the remote. If no joy, contact support on Twitter or https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@ronrak wrote:

I need to know what Fios box, what TV, are you going straight from the Fios box to the TV? When did this start?

SirBeck58
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also having this issue. I have my Fios One going to input on receiver then output of receiver to TV. I need the receiver's pass through to get the signal sent over my 75 foot HDMI so taking the receiver out of play is not an option. The remote programs both the TV and Receiver just fine, but does not control the TV volume. It will change inputs and power the TV on/off. Its as if the remote wants to default to the receiver volume even if its off. The receiver auto adds, so there is no way to delete it out of programming as its back again as soon as I clear the programming. I think this is a fault of the remote and the way it controls devices. The old remote still works, but with those you got to program the remote to control the the volume for your selected device when on STB as well as choose what turned on when you pressed power. The Fios Voice Remote needs options like that.

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@SirBeck58 wrote:

Also having this issue. I have my Fios One going to input on receiver then output of receiver to TV. I need the receiver's pass through to get the signal sent over my 75 foot HDMI so taking the receiver out of play is not an option. The remote programs both the TV and Receiver just fine, but does not control the TV volume. It will change inputs and power the TV on/off. Its as if the remote wants to default to the receiver volume even if its off. The receiver auto adds, so there is no way to delete it out of programming as its back again as soon as I clear the programming. I think this is a fault of the remote and the way it controls devices. The old remote still works, but with those you got to program the remote to control the the volume for your selected device when on STB as well as choose what turned on when you pressed power. The Fios Voice Remote needs options like that.

Problem is the Fios remote can only control one devices volume at a time. Because you have a receiver in the chain, it defaults to that for volume control. Have you tried programming the remote with the receiver off? That might bypass it during the process.

DSW11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issues for past week,  fios remote no longer controls voice and TV on/off. We have Vizio E32-C1.  I have read through entire thread, the reference to Fios One confused me (not sure what Fios One is) we have the VZ P265v5 RC remote. 

I followed suggestions in thread: 

1. I went to settings>audio&video>audio>Volume Control it only allows setting to Fixed or Variable. It was set on Variable all the years since getting the TV and remote worked fine. I changes to Fixed, and back no difference. Left on Fixed after all the back and forth.

2. I went to Menu>Help to reprogram remote, followed directions stated TV and nothing.

3. I then followed the remote reprogram on back of  remote(duh🤦🏻‍♀️) and it fixed the issue.🤟🏼

The difference was following the directions on the back of the remote.  Hope this helps anyone reading that has the same remote.

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@DSW1 wrote:

Same issues for past week,  fios remote no longer controls voice and TV on/off. We have Vizio E32-C1.  I have read through entire thread, the reference to Fios One confused me (not sure what Fios One is) we have the VZ P265v5 RC remote. 

I followed suggestions in thread: 

1. I went to settings>audio&video>audio>Volume Control it only allows setting to Fixed or Variable. It was set on Variable all the years since getting the TV and remote worked fine. I changes to Fixed, and back no difference. Left on Fixed after all the back and forth.

2. I went to Menu>Help to reprogram remote, followed directions stated TV and nothing.

3. I then followed the remote reprogram on back of  remote(duh🤦🏻‍♀️) and it fixed the issue.🤟🏼

The difference was following the directions on the back of the remote.  Hope this helps anyone reading that has the same remote.

Glad you figured it out on your own. The Fios One boxes are the new 4K capable boxes, based on your remote you have one of the older boxes. The remote you have is user-programmable with codes, the Fios one remote is voice controlled and has to be programmed through the Fios Box. That's where all the problems are coming from.

Nmelhado1

I have the same issue. The remote previously controlled volume properly. Today when I turned on the tv, it said the remote needed to be paired again so I did. After I paired it, it no longer controls volume. I followed the manual steps. I select Sony, it says to press ok button and asks if the volume changes. It does! So I hit accept. Then if I hit the volume buttons after pairing, it says “fixed” and doesn’t change the volume. This seems to be a common issue. Please do not respond with the same instructions which are not addressing the issue.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Nmelhado wrote:

I have the same issue. The remote previously controlled volume properly. Today when I turned on the tv, it said the remote needed to be paired again so I did. After I paired it, it no longer controls volume. I followed the manual steps. I select Sony, it says to press ok button and asks if the volume changes. It does! So I hit accept. Then if I hit the volume buttons after pairing, it says “fixed” and doesn’t change the volume. This seems to be a common issue. Please do not respond with the same instructions which are not addressing the issue.

If you see "FIXED" when pushing the volume buttons then the remote is trying to use the Fios box, not the TV or receiver to control the volume. Something has gone wrong when you tried to set up the remote, and for now all I can tell you is to remove and reprogram the remote again.

Hurlz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Fix your remote volume ——I went to settings/voice control/FIOS tv voice remote/program FIOS tv voice remote/reset remote set up.  Takes a few seconds message come up - “Reset success”.  Then I went to manual set up/select tv/press ok.   Volume changed I pressed ok and now it works again.  I did this on 2 tv’s and now they are both working.  You want the volume on “fixed” it will go to level “30”.  Then you are controlling TV volume.  If you have a receiver and it is linked thru the TV like Sony smart link do NOT set up “select audio system”.  Also this cannot be done thru “My Dashboard”. It was working fine for months then like others said then it prompted me to point the remote at the tv to finish programming.  Since this appears to be high on the complaint list Verizon should have this info readily available!!