Re: Fois 1 remote does not work volume or turn on/off the TV
Momma01

We’re you ever able to get the volume to work. Having same issues with one of our Samsung tvs n it’s a new tv. WTH 

0 Likes
verizonejr

I’m having the same problem with the volume control for my LG TV. It worked fine for months and it disconnected yesterday. I paired it, I can turn on/off but cannot control the volume. Verizon please help!

0 Likes
JohnJohnD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a very simple setup, Verizon FiOS One main box (not a Mini), a Samsung Model UN55C7000WF TV, and that's it.  I was getting all the crazy stuff seen in this thread, where the remote Volume Up was acting like the Input button, the Volume Down was turning the TV off.  It didn't matter how I set it up, even when I selected the exact TV Model.

I tried resetting the remove and setting it up again, removing the batteries, etc, many times, all to no avail:  same symtpoms.  But I was always using the stuff from the Settings > Voice Remote menu, the Auto and Manual selections there.  They only test the volume during their setup.

Finally, I did a full reset of the entire box (not just the remote), using the menus to do a full reset.  That triggered the default Remote Setup, where not only does it test the Volume, but it also does a Power Off/Power On test.  After that, my remote started working perfectly.

Hope this helps someone.

LeoH1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wanted to add that I also have a Sony TV, but when I do the manual setup, it says to press ok and see if the volume changes, and it does. Once I exit out to live TV, pressing volume up changes the input on the Sony TV, and pressing volume down turns the Sony TV off! Volume control does not work! I tried all other Sony codes and the first code is the only one that does anything. I believe there is an internal problem with the programming/firmware of the FiOS One remote.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@LeoH wrote:

I wanted to add that I also have a Sony TV, but when I do the manual setup, it says to press ok and see if the volume changes, and it does. Once I exit out to live TV, pressing volume up changes the input on the Sony TV, and pressing volume down turns the Sony TV off! Volume control does not work! I tried all other Sony codes and the first code is the only one that does anything. I believe there is an internal problem with the programming/firmware of the FiOS One remote.

Please give me the model# of your TV and I'll send this to support and see what they come up with. Thanks.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@clem53 wrote:

@LeoH wrote:

Please give me the model# of your TV and I'll send this to support and see what they come up with. Thanks.

Have you tried the solution this person had?

Re: Fios 1 remote does not work volume or turn on/off the TV
Message 74 of 77
(312 Views)

I have a very simple setup, Verizon FiOS One main box (not a Mini), a Samsung Model UN55C7000WF TV, and that's it.  I was getting all the crazy stuff seen in this thread, where the remote Volume Up was acting like the Input button, the Volume Down was turning the TV off.  It didn't matter how I set it up, even when I selected the exact TV Model.

I tried resetting the remove and setting it up again, removing the batteries, etc, many times, all to no avail:  same symtpoms.  But I was always using the stuff from the Settings > Voice Remote menu, the Auto and Manual selections there.  They only test the volume during their setup.

Finally, I did a full reset of the entire box (not just the remote), using the menus to do a full reset.  That triggered the default Remote Setup, where not only does it test the Volume, but it also does a Power Off/Power On test.  After that, my remote started working perfectly.

MichaelS7
Enthusiast - Level 2

@clem53 wrote:

@SirBeck58 wrote:

Also having this issue. I have my Fios One going to input on receiver then output of receiver to TV. I need the receiver's pass through to get the signal sent over my 75 foot HDMI so taking the receiver out of play is not an option. The remote programs both the TV and Receiver just fine, but does not control the TV volume. It will change inputs and power the TV on/off. Its as if the remote wants to default to the receiver volume even if its off. The receiver auto adds, so there is no way to delete it out of programming as its back again as soon as I clear the programming. I think this is a fault of the remote and the way it controls devices. The old remote still works, but with those you got to program the remote to control the the volume for your selected device when on STB as well as choose what turned on when you pressed power. The Fios Voice Remote needs options like that.

Problem is the Fios remote can only control one devices volume at a time. Because you have a receiver in the chain, it defaults to that for volume control. Have you tried programming the remote with the receiver off? That might bypass it during the process.

This is the EXACT issue. The box is too smart and controlling and sees the HDMI receiver and uses that for volume. I don’t want my receiver to be controlled with the Fios One remote. I want my TV to be. They need a setting to let the user choose which device the volume buttons should control. I’ve tried everything and as long as the receiver is part of my HDMI chain, the box wants to use the receiver for volume. I tried disabling HDMI and CEC from the receiver. Eventually, I was able to get the Fios One remote to ONLY work with my TV and at some point, it decided it was smarter than me and stopped working again.

I get that they are trying to be helpful and auto-detect the receiver, but there needs to be a way to let the USER decide what they want the volume buttons to be used for and not override this.

If anyone knows a way currently to override the volume buttons to force working for the TV and ignore any audio devices found, I would be super happy. If there is no way to do that, I truly hope Verizon engineers/support are reading this and they will add a manual override for the volume buttons so the user can pick what they should control.

0 Likes
Bearpaw1

Still doesn’t work 

0 Likes
AuntieMame

GOT IT BACK. Did everything here a dozen times. Called Verizon. We reset box. Then we reset the Fios remote (press "back" and "last" together till red light, punch in 3 numbers, 983 I think.) Still wasn't working. Accidentally switched input from HDMI to "TV" and lost my TV for a long while. Kept bouncing through all the inputs multiple times, with both Fios remote and TV remote. Minutes later TV came back. And with it, volume control. VZ rep didn't know why, but said maybe it was the switch from HDMI to "antenna", as he called it. Whatever it was, it worked for me. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@AuntieMame wrote:

GOT IT BACK. Did everything here a dozen times. Called Verizon. We reset box. Then we reset the Fios remote (press "back" and "last" together till red light, punch in 3 numbers, 983 I think.) Still wasn't working. Accidentally switched input from HDMI to "TV" and lost my TV for a long while. Kept bouncing through all the inputs multiple times, with both Fios remote and TV remote. Minutes later TV came back. And with it, volume control. VZ rep didn't know why, but said maybe it was the switch from HDMI to "antenna", as he called it. Whatever it was, it worked for me. Nothing else here did. Good luck! 1 800 VERIZON. Ask for Steve.

Sounds like the input switching reset the HDMI pairing between the box and your TV. Next time try powering off the TV and the box. Remove the HDMI cable between them, turn both back on for 2 or 3 minutes, plug HDMI cable back in. That will usually reset the HDMI pairing and cause a new handshake between the two devices.