Fox Soccer Channel HD is all pixelated and has no sound
KJONES123456

Hello,

I just had FIOS installed.  Almost all channels look good for this one (584) and sometimes a few in the general area like the Big Ten network are pixelated.   FSC is by far the worst.  Viewing it on SD 84 is fine.  Any ideas on how this might be fixed.

0 Likes
Re: Fox Soccer Channel HD is all pixelated and has no sound
PJL
Master - Level 3

Sounds like a loose coax connection.  Reseat and tighten all coax connections, starting with the one on the STB. 

0 Likes
jtoddv1
Enthusiast - Level 2

KJones,

The same thing is happening to me. It is the broadcast feed, there is more than likely nothing you can do. Double check your connections, but if the problem still exists, it is most certainly the feed.

I had a tech out today to check out this same issue. He hooks up his tester to the line and tunes to frequency 69.000 MHz which is the transmission frequency for channel 584 Fox Soccer HD. After about 1 minute, errors come flying in. He takes the tester to the outside panel, tests again and still the same errors flying in. Then he replaces the panel, the same issue continues to exist and errors are pouring in. The feed that Verizon is sending out is chalk full of errors, this causes some STBs a headache which results in audio drops and pixelation. My FIOS DVR is watchable with it but audio still drops and pixelation still occurs randomly. My own HTPC with CableCard is unwatchable with these errors. My HTPC, which is brand new, cannot address these issues and translates them into major audio drops and major pixelation. Something with the way the STBs FIOS sends out allows them to adjust for these errors. Some games are much worse than others.

I also think the more popular the game, the worse the errors get. The Manchester derby this past Sunday was horrible. Juventas vs. Fiorentina today was not as bad, but still bad. Mind you, all other channels I watch and record via my HTPC are perfect. FOX Soccer HD is the issue.

Yes, SD is fine, but I do not watch SD. I own HDTVs for a reason and it is not to watch SD. Until the issue is resolved it is unacceptable.

A poster on another forum said he has the issues and contacted Fox Soccer directly, this was their reply:

"It is FOX Sports’ mission to always provide our viewers with the best possible game coverage. One of the new features we are providing to our standard definition customers is a letterbox live feed so more of the game can be seen on the screen at home. While we have had many recent conversations as well as given ample instructions to cable providers across the country, some are continuing to augment our live game broadcast. We thank you for bringing this to our attention, if you could please reply back with the your zip code and cable carrier’s name we will contact them in the coming week to ensure they are following the proper handling instructions of our live broadcasts going forward"

I believe Verizon is augmenting the broadcast and results in these errors. Unfortunately the way it works is that if there are not enough complaints, the issue will never be addressed. This will definitely be an issue I will need to consider with my upcoming renewal. I have been watching a ton of soccer since Fox Soccer HD was added and I need the issue resolved.

0 Likes
RFResnick

I know your post is an old one, but did you ever get resolution on FSCHD (Ch. 584)? I've been fighting VZ for four months for a solve, but with no luck. Please advise. Thanks!

0 Likes