Free Movie Ch.
Schlock

Verizon/Fios ad said Stars & Encore is free for 5 days starting on April 12th. Why can't I get these channels? Was this a scam to get people to sign-up for the programs??? 

0 Likes
Re: Free Movie Ch.
PJL
Master - Level 3

I believe the Starz/Encore preview was from 3/29 to 4/2.  Where did you get your dates from?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@PJL wrote:

I believe the Starz/Encore preview was from 3/29 to 4/2.  Where did you get your dates from?

Yeah, it was two or three weeks back. Worked fine for me when it was available.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Schlock

Ad was on TV the 10th or 11th of this month? My neighbor was getting it???

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Schlock wrote:

Ad was on TV the 10th or 11th of this month? My neighbor was getting it???

What can I say? I had the free preview, it went away, as scheduled, as I think it did for everybody else.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

Schlock, you have the dates all wrong, Justin is right.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

http://www.freepreview.tv/tag/verizon-fios

it has a fios section and it is pretty upto date, and you can find out when you can get the free previews   

The next one coming up is 

Free Preview of EPIX for Multiple Providers

Free Preview for: EPIX
Available to Subscribers of: Cox CableVerizon FIOS

Free Preview Begins: April 27, 2012 (Friday)
Free Preview Ends: April 29, 2012 (Sunday)

See details on this Free Preview...

🙂

AnnJ11
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks so much, Hubrisnxs.   This way you can get the information nice and early, and you can even sign up on the website to get an email message when there's a new listing.

AnnJ11
Contributor - Level 3

I tried to schedule a recording for the free preview of EPIX on April 27th and I got this message, "This channel cannot be recorded." 

I thought it might be because I don't subscribe to it, or because it was too far in advance, but I tested this by scheduling a recording on another non-subscribed premium channel at the same time and date.  I was able to do that. 

I looked to see if this had come up on the boards before, and all I could find was someone else asking the question, with no answers (http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/this-channel-cannot-be-recorded/m-p/261415...

I'll try again closer to the date, in case that helps.  In the meantime, does anyone have any ideas about this?

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

Everyone, please note that the OP (Schlock) registered on this forum on 4/14/2012, posted this thread (and a duplicate one on the same subject which has been deleted) on that day, replied to one post on 4/16/2012, and has not logged on or been seen since.  There's a term for this pattern of posting but I can't quite type it in here.  It starts with a "t" though...

0 Likes