Free Movie?????????
boazcan
Enthusiast - Level 1

We recently took advantage of your (Verizon) offer for our free first pay per view rental movie.

Wouldn't you know it, the charge shows up on my bill.  Do I really have to spend 20 minutes on the phone getting this corrected?  Then the movie will up costing about 10x that.

Please fix your mistake.  We will know better next time.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Free Movie?????????
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users.
It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via email or live chat at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus
Choose “Live Chat.”
If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

Re: Free Movie? - Perhaps An Interim Invoice?
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@boazcan wrote:

We recently took advantage of your (Verizon) offer for our free first pay per view rental movie ... the charge shows up on my bill ... Please fix your mistake  ...

When I tried the free movie offer shortly after initiating FiOS eservice, the offer was in fact for a free "FlexView" movie rather than a "Pay Per View" selection.  If I understand the way these things work (and I'm not sure I do entirely), there actually is a difference: they represent two different VZ FiOS offerings.  Here's a link to "FiOS On Demand Flex View" details:

https://www22.verizon.com/ondemand/members/aboutflexview.aspx

Getting back to your specific question, my "free" movie charge did indeed show up on my monthly invoice, but there was a corresponding credit for the movie.  Are you seeing the charge on an actual monthly invoice with no evidence of credit, or are you seeing it as a pending charge on an upcoming invoice?

Either way, the only recourse seems to be direct contact (probably by phone) with a VZ CSR to have the charge credited to an upcoming invoice.  Please comment and thanks.

boazcan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Armond - thank you for your useful input. 

Armond, I do remember the flex and PPv difference as you describe it.  I had chosen a few movies which did not qualify and then backed out to pick on that did.  It is on my printed bill, with no credit.  I am fine with it.  This is the way verizon operates.  I could write a book on the follies of this company between computer, wireless, cable, and phone over the years.  The problem is that they have the best hardware and infrastructure of what is available.  So, customer service is way down the list of priorities.  I am not going to go chase down $6.  I have already lost more money than that trying to find a way to contact via email (of which there is none).  This would be too easy.  Imagine how many people do the same thing that I did.  Times $6 bucks - its worth the risk on their part.

Oh well, lesson learned.  There are plenty of pay TV options for me to give my money too.  

Thanks Armond - take care.

moleshire1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am one that "fell for it" too. At no time while selecting my movie, did I see prompt informing me the selection was not free. They have bugged me since day one to claim the free movie and I did. That will be the very last movie I purchase from Verizon. Redbox is 1.50. Like you, my time is more valuable than the cost of the film and a simple email contact to Verizon would be the customer service oriented solution, if Verizon cared about customer satisfaction.

0 Likes
Re: Free Movie?????????
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes