Frozen Channel Guide
amb880

My channel guide has been frozen on my screen for two days.  Luckily I haven't needed to watch tv in that particular rm... but I have unplugged the power cord for at least a couple of hours to try to reset the box (several times) & nothing seems to work.  The buttons on the receiver, nor the remote work as well.  Does this problem need to be fixed by a tech sending a signal to my box?  I just had this done a week ago, after being transferred to "five" different departments.

0 Likes
Re: Frozen Channel Guide
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Must be some sort of problem with your TV. If you remove the power cord from the STB and the guide is still showing, definitely not a box issue.

0 Likes
Ian_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

I'm sorry you're having issues with our guide, I definitely want to help.  This issue sounds very interesting and I'm sure its been frustrating.  I've sent you a private message, please respond when you have a chance.  Thanks.

0 Likes
tzzmnndvl
Enthusiast - Level 3

in addition to unplugging the power cord, disconnecting and reconnecting the cable cord from the back of your STB should help as well. just sounds like you have a frozen signal. has happened to me a few times and jsut by unplgging the power cord and cable cord and plugging both back in has always solved the problem. hope this helps

0 Likes
eotd
Had a similar incident with the guide always on. Found it to be a problem with a stuck remote button. Replace the batteries, bang it on your knee, pinch and rub the buttons and see if that dont fix it.
0 Likes