Frustrated by channel bar?
SportsAddict

OK sports fans - trying to watch all of the March Madness games is difficult enough without multiview service (such as provided by Direct TV) or without PIP (as two tuner service on the STB's is disabled, but how about one other annoyance - the channel bar at the bottom of the screen that cannot be turned off?  Swapping between channels (last key) continuosly pops up the channel bar frame announcing the channel you have just entered - AND EFFECTIVELY BLOCKS the game score bar posted at the bottom of the screen until yhe channel bar times out and evaporates away.  Trying to quickly flip and check scores is really frustrating.  It becomes a LAST then EXIT and LAST then EXIT exercise over and over.

How about incorporating the ability to turn the channel bar frame OFF?  The channel is always shown on the digital STB's display anyway.

Any other solutions to this?

0 Likes
Re: Frustrated by channel bar?
RedStar
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I find the channel bar is extremely frustrating. It even pops up when pausing/fastforwarding.  I know what channel I'm on!!

There was a post about this here (a few weeks ago?), I don't remember reading about a fix.

Just another thing that's "broke" with these things.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend
I know it's a pain, but if you hit exit it goes away instantly. At least on my TV. I agree there should be an option to turn it off unless you push a button and ask for it. Doesn't seem like it should be a hard thing to do.
Message Edited by prisaz on 03-15-2009 10:32 AM
0 Likes
lisam52

I agree completely with the need to have an option to display or not display the channel info everytime you change channels, rewind, fast forward, etc...  Even being able to choose where on the screen it is displayed would be an inprovement!  The center bottom is definitely the worst spot for this - especially when watching sports when rewinding may be frequent!  I know you can get rid of it by hitting "exit" but that gets really annoying when you don't want to see the box in the first place.

Personally, I just find this an annoying function.  I've either selected the program I want from the guide, or I can hit the "Info" key if I really want to see the program information.

How do we get Verizon to get rid of this?

0 Likes
SportsAddict

Well - Here we are nine months later regarding the channel info bar question and no responses.  I suppose Verizon support does not review their own Forums with a goal to respond or improve service.

How about an option to TURN OFF the annoying channel information bar that incessantly pops up in so many different operations?

0 Likes
PMBUFFY

YEP how about an option to turn off the annoying channel bar!!!

Paul

0 Likes
mleduc35651
Contributor - Level 2

@SportsAddict wrote:

Well - Here we are nine months later regarding the channel info bar question and no responses.  I suppose Verizon support does not review their own Forums with a goal to respond or improve service.

How about an option to TURN OFF the annoying channel information bar that incessantly pops up in so many different operations?

as to Verizon not responding..

At the top of each folder is a message:

"These Forums are a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. If you need an answer from Verizon directly please Contact Us."

From what I've seen the vast majority of posts here do not see any official verizon post.

Also Verizon does not seem the type to post with answers like "Thank you for your request. We are looking to implement that change soon" etc.. New guide versions are usually a surprise..

0 Likes