Frustrated with Continuous Reminder Emails/Messages to Return Equipment
sirmhayesxiv

So,

I moved a few weeks ago.  Was keeping my Fios.  Initially was going to to do move the gear over, myself, but that changed when I realized there wasn't a 2nd cable drop in my new place.  

So an install was scheduled (it happened a day late, and I recieved no notification... it took ME chasing down the answers), but one of the handful of people I talked to about transferring services over said Verizon would send me both new equipment AND boxes to ship back the old stuff.  (I got NONE of this sent to me.)  

I call Verizon again the day before the scheduled install.  That person on the phone said "Oh, the Tech will probably have the new equipment with them when they arrive."  

He didn't.  

He used the OLD stuff.   

I think nothing of it.  That stuff is working.  Figure the tech would have some sort of reporting process to wrap a neat little bow on this less than smooth process...

THEN?  I started getting email warnings that,  "You must return the Verizon FiOS equipment by June 20, 2015 . If this date is missed, or if the equipment is damaged and it is deemed outside of normal wear and tear, an unreturned equipment charge of up to $650 will be applied to your account for each piece of equipment that is not returned or may be damaged."

Yyyyyeah...   I don't HAVE any equipment to return.   Its being used.  

I call last night.  I'm on the phone for about two hours, being handed off... and I"m pretty sure hung up on once because the agent requested I "speak up, sir I am having trouble hearing you" -  No one of the six other people I spoke to with Verizon had any issues with my (coincidentally enough) Verizon Wireless phone's ability to make me audible.  

Finally, a helpful woman says she put in a ticket.  Everything is sorted.  

EXCEPT?  I get another email today (okay... MAYBE its an automated thing, or POSSIBLY because its the weekend), but I have a similar message with MyVerizon page.  Things have gone so unsmoothly I'm bringing this here.  

What is up with this?  The amount of the "left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing" is mind boggling.  So I want to get this figured out, or decide if keeping Fios as a service at all is in my best interest?  (hey at least that way I can send back the equipment I keep getting hassled for!)

I feel like with the resolution or the ticket being filed last night I should have gotten some sort of email/notification.  

0 Likes
Re: Frustrated with Continuous Reminder Emails/Messages to Return Equipment
PhotoDoc384
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you sign the contract or not? I am a return customer and I fell for the contract for about six bucks less per month. Here is the big problem though with the contract when you sign it with Verizon. You are then obligated to go through thier process of arbitration which means you can not take them to court. You can not take them to small claims court even to fight for your rights. Please if you are having this much trouble and are still within the 15 days grace period then CANCEL that contract as soon as possible. The end result otherwise is that you will have no legal recourse to fight this thing.

The reason I know all about this is it has happened before with me when I disconnected from Verizon in the past and I shipped all the equipment back to the UPS store here in New York state that was how they were handling it for a long time. The cost of those boxes was 700.00 dollars a pop over eight years ago. I wrote in big squigly hand writing that in that box was Verizon boxes contents x 2 ! I would not get upset because what you should look for anything and everything to disprove the claims wrongl. I also would just say screw e-mails and telephone calls. I would start sending polite registered letters to the heads of Verizon. That should get you somewhere. You need to get out of that contract first and foremost and then start a document trail connecting everything. Please let me know how you make out. I am sure this is just a snafu on Verizon's usually sterling reputation and once they realize through eventually even registered letters your position of frustration and your are a good and loyal customer.

That this will be resolved to the satisfaction of both you and Verizon amicably. If that does not work then there are consumer adovacy groups out there. Just start googling away in your state. Even if you are stuck in the contract you want them to help you go through the arbitration process. I ask you Verizon as a fine and upstanding company that you are Verizon. If you are reading this please help this customer out with his problems so that he can enjoy all your wonderful products and services in peace.

0 Likes
cagonapark

I am having the same issue, and it looks from like, from doing some web search, that this is NOT UNCOMMON at ALL. I have called 4-5 times already, keep getting the run around, have been told, as of late, to wait for hte final bill, but I still keep getting these harrassing emails about returning equipment I have already returned over 6 months ago.  

I cancelled my service over a month ago, been on the phone for more than 5 hours combined time, been transferred God knows how many times; worst part is I have to go through the entire story each freaking time! They said I didn't return a box that I got some time way after my initial hook up (bringing the total to 3), but returned within a few months because I didn't really need it... so months go by with my bill showing that I am suscribed to 2 boxes, which was correct. So when I cancel my service, because they're a rip off, like 2-3 weeks later I start to receive emails stating that I have not returned that 3rd box (that I've already returned and hadn't been charged for because it was returned). How is this even possible, why do I owe $650.00,

I wonder how many individuals actually gave up this fight and ended up just paying?... cause if I am told that I have to pay, which I am not, and it goes on my credit you betcha I'll look into this doing... plus the bad publicity of them not fixing phone lines and forcing customers to buy other more expensive products I am sure is also terrible business practice.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello cagonapark

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes