Frustrated
jg555
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been working with my Local FIOS techs for a few months to go after a random pixelation that occurs on specific channels randomly. Every time a tech goes out, it mysteriously goes away. I have video of the issue and have to show them. This has been going on for months and doesn't seem to have an end in sight.

The pixelation only happens on the Univeral Family of Channels. USA, Sy-Fy, E!, and Bravo. It will also happen on my local affilites like ABC and NBC.

The other issue we have been having is it will take about 30 seconds to start to play a recorded show on the DVR that it was recorded on. The only way to fix that is to reboot the media server.

Then last night, around midnite, both media servers locked up on a channel and froze. I had to reboot to correct the issue.

I'm going to have to think about this when my contract comes up for renewal, is this really worth the headache of dealing with nagging issues that seem to be ignored by everyone except the Local techs, who I feel sorry for because they are chasing the issue, just to come and recheck my cables, because the issue mysteriously goes away.

0 Likes
Re: Frustrated
paulpjs

I had the same type of problem itermittently for 2m o. Techs came out 4 times. changed wiring, outside terminal box.

Finally someone in tech support remembered a memo on Cisco set top boxes being compatible with the type/brand of router I had.(Actiontec m1424WR)  they then changed all my set top boxes to Motorola.

Everything was ok till last week when I brought one of my set top boxes (standard) and exchanged it to HD. Screen froze during set up as I got a nauseous feeling inmy stomach. I did get it set up and when placing the set top box in agood spot it slipped out out myhand and dropped 2 inches and the pic froze... I changed hdmi cable and all was good but I dropped box again 1 or 2 inches while placing it and got the "no signal detected" message.  I brought box back and found out it was a poorly refurbished box. new one has worked good for 9 days.

good luck !!!!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I assume you have Quantum (you mentioned media servers).
The playback lag is a known issue.
We are all hoping it gets corrected in the next release.

0 Likes
jg555
Enthusiast - Level 3

The worse part is VzB isn't telling the techs in the field about this.

0 Likes