Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.
Shop online or through the My Verizon app and get your holiday orders fast.
In-Store or Curbside Pickup:
• Orders must be placed from 8 AM – 5 PM, Mon – Sat, and Sun before 2 PM (excluding holidays).
• We’ll email you when your order is ready for pickup. Your order will be held for 3 days from the time it's placed.
• Please bring photo ID and credit/debit card only if used as payment.
• In-Store Pickup is available across the U.S. at participating Verizon Wireless stores.
• Curbside Pickup available at select stores.
• Same-day delivery is available in select areas.
• If same-day delivery is available for your order, you’ll be able to choose that option at checkout.
#1. This is probably way way way on the back burner. I seriously doubt they will make this happen any time soon. It sure would be nice, but I'd rather see larger hard drive capacities first before they add this to their feature set.
#2. I doubt this will ever happen. They are desperately trying to get their Media Manager software worked out so it will share videos from your PC and possibly stream youtube/video content as well. It's been in beta mode for quite some time and I don't even think that version is really useful. IMO, I'd rather they ditch Media Manager all together and go with your idea to just support DLNA/uPnP. There are plenty of media server software available that are much better than Media Manager, so why waste time with something proprietary?
DLNA/uPNP is a standard and would provide more value to the customer then a proprietary Media Manager that verizon has to develop and maintain. Then how hard could it be to allow all STB to be uPnP AV Clients or Servers creating true services mesh...
The funny thing is that both of these things should be relatively simple to execute (External HD, DLNA/uPNP AV) if they choose to go this direction!