G3100 Losing Guide and On Demand Connection to Set Top Boxes
mpo98

I purchased the G3100 about one month ago. The Internet connectivity and speed has improved, however I keep losing data connectivity to my set top boxes. Guides and program information  will disappear, on demand will not function, and DVR recordings are not displaying on other set tops. I have one DVR box and two basic set top boxes. 

Have been re booting router and boxes a couple of times a week . Issues clear then return in a day or two. Any suggestions or should I ask for tech assistance to come out and troubleshoot my system? 

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G3100 Losing Guide and On Demand Connection to Set Top Boxes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Zoar wrote:

Your issue is a little different than the main these in this post.  You are having an issue with the TV box connection.  This is delivered via the coaxial connection from your 3100 to your main box in basement. (or whereever it is) 

So you should check the coaxial cable.  It may be loose connection or bad.  Did it get damaged?  Support will tell you to swap this out if you can.   If you can't I'd just call them to do that.

I'd also replace any splitter in the coax system with a moca2.0 approved splitter.

View solution in original post

Zoar
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your issue is a little different than the main these in this post.  You are having an issue with the TV box connection.  This is delivered via the coaxial connection from your 3100 to your main box in basement. (or whereever it is) 

So you should check the coaxial cable.  It may be loose connection or bad.  Did it get damaged?  Support will tell you to swap this out if you can.   If you can't I'd just call them to do that.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Zoar wrote:

I'd also replace any splitter in the coax system with a moca2.0 approved splitter.

mpo98

I appreciate the prompt reply.  I was able to contact service this past Thursday 8-6.  The rep had me disconnect all 3 set top boxes power and coax.  She performed some diagnostics and apparent fix which got all functions back on all 3 boxes. The fix worked for about 24 hours until the issues returned. No guides, On Demand access or ability to watch DVR on 2 boxes.  DVR box still has guide and access to recorded programming.  No On Demand. 

Next option will be to set up a $150.00 service call to check my system and see what recommendations come from that.  The Tech also said that I have "legacy" (polite term for old) boxes. After your post I replaced the coax cable from my wall outlet to the g3100 in my office room.. I looked at the ONT  set up in the basement room. The connections look ok . Cant tell if the cable could be damaged further along the route to upstairs.  in the meantime I will continue to reboot the router and boxes as needed.  In hindsight I could have stayed with the old Actiontec router but it was at least 10 years old and didn't have the coverage we needed. My wife reminds me often about the $300 expenditure for the g3100.  I guess we can add the service call to the tab.  Thanks for responding. 

0 Likes