General Conference
jlw1964
This weekend is the semi-annual worldwide general conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. With over 14 million members and about a third of those in the US, it's safe to say quite a few are Verizon Fios customers. One of the primary broadcast vehicles for this conference is the BYUTV channel. Verizon carries the channel which is appreciated but for some unknown reason it is only included in the first and third programming tiers, leaving it off the most popular. Verizon would make quite a few people happy if they were able to flip a switch in the next couple of days and make this free public service channel available to all customers.
0 Likes
Re: General Conference
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can't say for sure if it is free to Verizon.

My assumption (and it is very broad) that if it truly was free, then they would have no reason to not make it part of all tiers.

But if there is a cost, they tend to put it in the lowest tier (probably specified as part of the contract) and then in the hghest tier as those are the ones that pay the most.

0 Likes
Re: General Conference
jlw1964
I do know that back when the channel was initially created, it was offered for free to providers so they could satisfy part of the fcc public service requirement. Can't say for sure if that has changed but I seriously doubt it.
0 Likes