Genres and Filters Side Bar
Kml12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Suddenly when skipping forward once you're caught up to live tv, the Genres and Filters sidebar appears on the right side of the screen. It does  not go away until you press the exit button. This is very annoying. How can I stop this? 

0 Likes
Re: Genres and Filters Side Bar
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Kml1 wrote:

Suddenly when skipping forward once you're caught up to live tv, the Genres and Filters sidebar appears on the right side of the screen. It does  not go away until you press the exit button. This is very annoying. How can I stop this? 

Menu>settings>system>television >genres and filters> disable.

Kml12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Perfect! Thanks so much! 

Kml12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well... almost perfect.... now it keeps reminding me to make sure the genres and filters help is enabled. 😓

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Kml1 wrote:

Well... almost perfect.... now it keeps reminding me to make sure the genres and filters help is enabled. 😓

Ok, Menu>settings>system>television >last viewed guide state>disable. Then power cycle the box.

Kml12
Enthusiast - Level 2

No luck!  If I press the "next" button when I've caught up to live tv, I still get a message telling me to check that genres and filters (what I JUST disabled!) is enabled.  Verizon...please fix you last update!!!

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Kml1 wrote:

No luck!  If I press the "next" button when I've caught up to live tv, I still get a message telling me to check that genres and filters (what I JUST disabled!) is enabled.  Verizon...please fix you last update!!!

What APR version is your box on? Does it do it with ALL boxes in the house?

Thanks.

Kml12
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have APR-6.9 and yes it is happening on both boxes.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Kml1 wrote:

We have APR-6.9 and yes it is happening on both boxes.

I'll send it up to the support folks and see what they come up with.

Kml12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks!  Might also want them to know the interface on this forum doesn't work well either.  It takes me multiple tries to submit my responses.  I usually get an error message, an unexpected error has occurred or it tells me to fix the highlighted area before posting, but there's nothing highlighted or missing.  Verizon's just not liking me!! 🤣

Thanks again!!

0 Likes