Get new Black STB?
Mattlab

Hi,

So I am trying to upgrade my DVR to the new black STB for HD multi room systems. Any idea how to make this happen? Local stores are out and I went to the Signup page on the website but never got an email.

0 Likes
Re: Get new Black STB?
MrsMark
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spent over 2 hours on the phone with Verizon on 1/7/12 trying to get the new Multi room dvr options. I was told that I already have the top set that should be able to record two channels while watching another which is a new option to verizon. The customer Service rep transfered me to tech support after telling me that I already have the option available and that she personally have the same box that I have and she can do what I am requesting.

she dumped me into the Tech support que without letting them know anything about me or my issue so I had to start over again explaining.  Once I explained. tech support tells me that I need two DVR's in my room to record 2 channels while viewing another on another tv.  I explain that makes no sense. He then tells me that there is no top set that allows me to record two channels while viewing another channel. I place him on speaker phone and allow him to listen to the commercial. He says he spoke to his supervisor and they don't believe it's a verizon product.  I make a request to talk to a supervisor.

Supervisor in Tech support then tells me that he worked for Verizon for years and no such DVR exisits nor will it. He listens to the commercial also via speakerphone and he says he has to have the commercial removed as if I made this commercial up. I am tired of the issues and lies that comes from Verizon workers.  If they are unaware I would rather them say that then to make up lies in an attempt to make me feel stupid! 

Where is this Top Set!!!! I don't care if it's a blk top set or not! I just want what I pay for. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@MrsMark wrote:

I spent over 2 hours on the phone with Verizon on 1/7/12 trying to get the new Multi room dvr options. I was told that I already have the top set that should be able to record two channels while watching another which is a new option to verizon. The customer Service rep transfered me to tech support after telling me that I already have the option available and that she personally have the same box that I have and she can do what I am requesting.

she dumped me into the Tech support que without letting them know anything about me or my issue so I had to start over again explaining.  Once I explained. tech support tells me that I need two DVR's in my room to record 2 channels while viewing another on another tv.  I explain that makes no sense. He then tells me that there is no top set that allows me to record two channels while viewing another channel. I place him on speaker phone and allow him to listen to the commercial. He says he spoke to his supervisor and they don't believe it's a verizon product.  I make a request to talk to a supervisor.

Supervisor in Tech support then tells me that he worked for Verizon for years and no such DVR exisits nor will it. He listens to the commercial also via speakerphone and he says he has to have the commercial removed as if I made this commercial up. I am tired of the issues and lies that comes from Verizon workers.  If they are unaware I would rather them say that then to make up lies in an attempt to make me feel stupid! 

Where is this Top Set!!!! I don't care if it's a blk top set or not! I just want what I pay for. 

0 Likes
Mattlab

Wait am I going to get an agent to help me? I've had similar problems! I've talked to tech support, chat, and phone and no one knows how to get the dvr. Now I go and post something and someone else, who doesn't answer my question but rather complains in my thread gets help? 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

One for you too 🙂

An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I would like to assist you further. I will be sending you a PM with a link to submit your info so I can check your account.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

We have received your form. No information was included that we may pull up your account, only issue was included in form. Please resubmit so that we can pull up your account and contact you.

0 Likes
yodt

I too have been trying since December to get the black STB.  The one I had was faulty so I returned it to the store in Garland TX and they only had the old silver ones.  After once again returning the silver one because it was bad, they gave me another silver one because there were still no black STB's in stock.  Then they told me to keep calling back to find out if the new ones were available.  This morning they told me it will probably be JUNE.  That's 6 months!  What's the problem here?  If I were a new customer I assume I'd get the new model?  No support for long-time customers?  dt

0 Likes
Chromag

I'm a new customer and I had to pay $40 for the upgrade fee because the installers originally installed a cable card.  Less than a week later I asked for their DVR and received a 6416 as a replacement to the cable card.  When I expressed my dismay in the old 6416 I was shipped a 7216 (still the silver model).  From what I've gathered the installers have the 7232's (the black DVR) and the stores do not.  Calling won't help because the reps (neither customer service nor billing) can't specify what model of receiver you will get.  The only way to get one is to request an upgrade on their website and pay the $40.

I was fed up with trying to get the 7232 after two weeks so I finally just paid the $40 - even though, at the time, I was a customer for less than a month.  I was told by the billing department that I could just call and have that upgrade fee refunded but that didn't happen.  They refused to refund the upgrade fee because it was still technically an "upgrade".  Quite frustrating.

0 Likes