Getting a lot of 'Channel Unavailable' Messages
duckcougar

When I switch between channels, I get a message that says 'Channel Unavailable'.  Specifically, when I change a channel, the video works for about 10 seconds, with no audio, then the 'Channel Unavailable' message appears (in a black screen).  This happens about 50% of the time when changing channels. 

I have a PVR 7216.

What do I need to do?

Thanks!!!! 

0 Likes
Re: Getting a lot of 'Channel Unavailable' Messages
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3
Call the fsc and have them dispatch out a tech.  He will most likely replace your box with a 6416.  They will probably run you through the usual rigamarow.   One thing they will do is have you power cycle the box.  This is done by pulling the power and plugging it back in.  This seems to act as a temporary fix
Message Edited by Provider7 on 12-28-2008 12:51 PM
0 Likes
jat454
Enthusiast - Level 3
I had the same problem on several channels (I have a 7216 Box). I cycled the power on the box and it's been okay for about a week now.
0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

The channel unavailable error when changing channels on a 7216 stb is a bug with the img software.  A fix will be out soon for it.  The immediate resolution is to get it replaced with a 6416(which has its own problem right now).  Keep in mind we are running out of 6416 stb in a some areas so none may be available for you. 

TS

0 Likes
juice421
Contributor - Level 2

I am getting sick of these problems VZ is "currerntly" having.  It's a permanent problem, since there is ALWAYS a major problem with Fios.  Now I know it's still a relativly young service , but it's beyond any grace period. 

Stay away from Fios Tv, at least until all these "problems" actually get fixed in a timely manner and the "fixes" don't create NEW problems because this is Fios.   If I was'nt locked in I would switch back to DTV in a heartbeat.  

0 Likes
fixits
Enthusiast - Level 1
 I have a 6416 STB,and it keeps giving me the 'CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE' message for the same set of channels. I have tried powering on and off without luck. What's the resolution ?
0 Likes