Getting error codes on the Fios TV app
imasportsluvr1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm a new customer to Verizon Fios and must admit that it has not been a good start. I've been trying to watch DVR programs on the app out of home today and things will play for awhile and just stop. Went to the help section, Verizon rebooted my home set to boxes, I rebooted my phone, and it's still happening.  The error code is 9-6-24-653-021. I've searched the forums and googled it with no results.  Does anyone know what's happening?? This is so frustrating and I never had this problem with Comcast.

0 Likes
Programs stop playing in app-get error code
imasportsluvr1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm new to Fios and have just started watching DVR programs on my FiosTV app. Every single time the program will play a little while (6 minutes sometimes and other times less) and then it just stops and gives me an error code (which isn't always the same).  It does this when I'm watching in home and out of home. I've rebooted my home boxes as well as my mobile device.  I posted the error code on this form with no results and googled it. I thought I'd try a different approach to my question. 

Does this happen to anyone else and, if so, do you know how can it be resolved?

I'm really regretting my change from Comcast to Fios for this and other reasons.

Re: Programs stop playing in app-get error code
Hg21
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has started happening to me too. So frustrating 

Re: Getting error codes on the Fios TV app
Hg21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been using my app which sometimes shuts down and I hVe to hit watch again but now it’s giving me an error code 9-6-23-306-106. So frustrating and I can’t find a solution. Did you find out why yours wasn’t working? 

ahazard1072

Yes, but now the programs will not play at all. I just get the error code. I contacted live chat support and they could not solve the issue. They suggested I file a complaint. Still waiting for a solution. 

0 Likes
imasportsluvr1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did find out they are aware of the problem and are working on it.  If they told you what was happening, then I wouldn't have to.  

AcousticsExpert

philadelphia. this is happening for me right now. also, app says my dvr is off-line. my set top box can not show program guide and on-demand barely works. it all happened about a week ago when set top box received a firmware upgrade.

0 Likes
Michelle410
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been dealing with this for 2 years. I thought maybe it was because I had an older iPad and just dealt with it. Well just got a new iPad and installed the app and the same thing is happening. Any time I attempt to fast forward a dvr’d show the app shuts down.  Very annoying when all you want to do is sit on the excercise bike and catch up on your shows. As soon as it happens I shut down the app then go back in.  Then when it happens again I shut it down and go to Netflix. There is nothing left on cable that is worth putting up with this! My contract is up next month. I WILL be dumping Fios. Btw when I did get customer service they told me to delete and reinstall the app. Did nothing. 

Claudia71

The settop box doesn’t show when you are not connected to main internet. That happened to me when my tv and my tablet was not connected to same internet my dvrs was not able to be seen. The problem that i have now is I can’t skip in my dvr shows in my tablet it shows an error code.

0 Likes
Mclean1101

Thank you for this advice.  I was getting an error code trying to watch regular channel live and realized my iPad was on the 5G connection instead of the same internet connection as my set top box.  As soon as I switched it to the same internet Connection it worked perfect.  

0 Likes