Switch Account

Getting error codes on the Fios TV app

Getting error codes on the Fios TV app

Highlighted
Contributor imasportsluvr
Contributor
Message 1 of 7
(508 Views)

I'm a new customer to Verizon Fios and must admit that it has not been a good start. I've been trying to watch DVR programs on the app out of home today and things will play for awhile and just stop. Went to the help section, Verizon rebooted my home set to boxes, I rebooted my phone, and it's still happening.  The error code is 9-6-24-653-021. I've searched the forums and googled it with no results.  Does anyone know what's happening?? This is so frustrating and I never had this problem with Comcast.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 7
(473 Views)

I'm new to Fios and have just started watching DVR programs on my FiosTV app. Every single time the program will play a little while (6 minutes sometimes and other times less) and then it just stops and gives me an error code (which isn't always the same).  It does this when I'm watching in home and out of home. I've rebooted my home boxes as well as my mobile device.  I posted the error code on this form with no results and googled it. I thought I'd try a different approach to my question. 

Does this happen to anyone else and, if so, do you know how can it be resolved?

I'm really regretting my change from Comcast to Fios for this and other reasons.

Highlighted
Contributor Hg2
Contributor
Message 3 of 7
(403 Views)

This has started happening to me too. So frustrating 

Highlighted
Contributor Hg2
Contributor
Message 4 of 7
(402 Views)

I have been using my app which sometimes shuts down and I hVe to hit watch again but now it’s giving me an error code 9-6-23-306-106. So frustrating and I can’t find a solution. Did you find out why yours wasn’t working? 

Highlighted
Contributor ahazard1072
Contributor
Message 5 of 7
(298 Views)

Yes, but now the programs will not play at all. I just get the error code. I contacted live chat support and they could not solve the issue. They suggested I file a complaint. Still waiting for a solution. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 7
(255 Views)

I did find out they are aware of the problem and are working on it.  If they told you what was happening, then I wouldn't have to.  

Highlighted
Contributor AcousticsExpert
Contributor
Message 7 of 7
(201 Views)

philadelphia. this is happening for me right now. also, app says my dvr is off-line. my set top box can not show program guide and on-demand barely works. it all happened about a week ago when set top box received a firmware upgrade.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.