Getting the DVR Upgrade to 500GB
glennauve
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone ever managed to get the upgrade to the 500GB DVR? Phone support claims they can't do it and that you have to accomplish this task via the website. But the piece of crap website doesn't advance past "retrieving your records" in order to allow me to do it either. Ultimately I suppose it's $40 I don't really need to spend. But this pathetic service is really sad.

Re: Getting the DVR Upgrade to 500GB
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry for the troubles ordering the expanded box. We can help you out with this. So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

0 Likes
Status changed to: Resolved
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

This issue was resolved

0 Likes
Re: Status changed to: Resolved
Joe3781

I am new to these forums and didn't even know this was an option as my DVR is always filling up.  What is the size of the regular DVR boxes and how can I upgrade to the 500GB DVR?

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

You can signup for the upgraded box by going to www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral 
1.       Sign In
2.       Select the “FiOS TV” Tab
3.       Select “Settings”  sub-listing
4.       Select “Set Top Boxes” from the drop down list
5.       Select the “Go” button under “Want more from your FiOS DVR.”

Please let me know if you still need assistance after doing this.

0 Likes
jcd148
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried many times over the past year to  this DVR upgrade, to no avail.  The website has never worked, and the one time it seemed to be working, it came back and said I have no DVR, even though I have a multi room system.  I would love to upgrade and would pay to do so, Verizon won't let me.  Is it possible to call and get the DVR upgrade?  Tried the link above just for kicks, says "Sorry! We're unable to continue.  We have encountered an error. Don'tworry, it's our fault.". At least it made me laugh this time.  Please help.  This issue is not resolved.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

what ID are you logging in with??    your dvr's may be attached to another login ID.  

0 Likes
jcd148
Enthusiast - Level 1

I only have one ID, what other ID would it be?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

some people have an email ID in addition to their .com ID (the one they use to pay the bill) 

does your ID do your email too?   and most importantly are you able to pay your bill with it?

if you login at http://activate.verizon.net does it ask you to create an email ID or does it make mention that you have a second ID and it is xyz?

0 Likes
jcd148
Enthusiast - Level 1

using that link, it lists my current ID as my only one.

0 Likes