Re: Status changed to: Resolved
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the problems trying to upgrade your DVR. Our team would like to help you out. So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

0 Likes
Impossible to order
translator2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same problem. I was on the phone with Verizon support for almost two hours today and have nothing to show for it.

Our neighbors got this box when they installed Verizon Fios and since we continue to have problems with the current DVR freezing and resetting on an almost daily basis (our fifth box sent from Verizon) I heard that there was a waiting list for this updated model and so I called.

During the first call, they had to put me on hold in order to find out what I was talking about, and then I was given the instructions in this thread to register on-line.

Tried to register, but I did not have the button in step 5.

Called a second time and was put on hold again. This person told me that I first had to download Verizon activate software and this button would appear. Twently minutes later, still no button, still no way to register.

I called back a third time. This time the agent told me that, no, as an HOA resident, I could not register via the web and that this procedure was to receive an external harddrive memory and not a DVR box, so it would not work anyway.

According to the third agent, the only way to get the new box is to call technical support, tell them about my problems with my current box, and hope that I get sent the new one this time...

If there are no boxes available, fine, I can live with that. But I do not understand all the mystery surrounding this upgrade.

0 Likes
Re: Impossible to order
translator2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Problem resolved and here's how for anyone who may be reading this.

(I swtiched to Internet Explorer instead of Firefox, but I do not believe that was the problem).

After downloading verizon activate, you should have three button on the left-side of the screen under your name (Billing, DVR and Upgrade). Press DVR 

You have to activate the remote access to your DVR first.

Once you have done this, you will have a button (in red) at the bottom of the screen giving you two options to upgrade your DVR (the expansion box or the new set-top box). There is a $39.95 fee for the new box which is mailed to you via UPS.

0 Likes
Re: Getting the DVR Upgrade to 500GB
Wingwizard1

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

I am sorry for the troubles ordering the expanded box. We can help you out with this. So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

Anthony,

I'm having the exact same problem as the original poster.  I have been trying to "upgrade" for several days now via the website (utilizing Safari, IE, and Firefox and two separate computers) and I keep geting authentication errors or just timeout errors when I try.  I can't get past the first part of user authentication.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

can you sign into the website www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral and can you see your DVR's and set top box's?

If so try running IE with no add - on's and then try to order it. 

Worse case scenario is that Repair should be able to order this for you, you won't avoid the 39.99 charge to send it, but they should be able to order if the web ordering is failing. 

Try hitting the contact us link at the bottom of the website - write something to the effect of "Hi, trying to order the 500 GB DVR upgrade through the website, it's a 39.99 one time shipping fee.  I can log into the site, I See the offer, and can't complete the steps in Internet explorer with and without add on's, firefox, safari, and chrome from multiple pc's.  Can you assist please and simply order it for me?"

See how that goes. 

0 Likes
Wingwizard1

Still no go in running without add-ons.  It says user authentication failed, even though I'm logged in correctly.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@TonyaD_VZ wrote:

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

Who are you replying to?

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@Wingwizard wrote:

Anthony,

I'm having the exact same problem as the original poster.  I have been trying to "upgrade" for several days now via the website (utilizing Safari, IE, and Firefox and two separate computers) and I keep geting authentication errors or just timeout errors when I try.  I can't get past the first part of user authentication.

Sorry to hear about the problems trying to get the upgraded box. We would like to help out. So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

0 Likes