Re: Status changed to: Resolved
Hubrisnxs
Legend

i doubt this makes a difference, but i had a hell of a time doing much on the verizon website earlier, and i fixed it by installing java.  So it might be a long shot but go to www.java.com and click Do I have Java?    if it says you don't then try to upgrade it there and then try again.

again a long shot but thought i would share. 

0 Likes
500GB DVR
kbermond

I can't find where to get the higher capacity DVR.  Please walk me through the steps. I keep clicking on TV - Equipment -  Manage then i get an error message. Tried Mozilla and IE.

Can you email me?

This is very frustrating because when is signed up for FIOS, the sales person said that i would receive a 500GB DVR.

0 Likes
Re: 500GB DVR
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

To upgrade to the larger capacity DVR, please go to

http://www22.verizon.com/fiostv/myservices/members/dvrexpansion.aspx

1.       Sign In
2.       Click the red button for "Order 500 GB DVR Today!"
3.       Follow the instructions to upgrade the DVR.

Please let me know if you still need assistance after doing this.

0 Likes
blibby05

Anthony - I've tried every link in this discussion and I still can't get the DVR upgrade to work on the website.

I have a hard time understanding why the Customer Service people can't simply order one for me by phone.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@blibby05 wrote:

Anthony - I've tried every link in this discussion and I still can't get the DVR upgrade to work on the website.

I have a hard time understanding why the Customer Service people can't simply order one for me by phone.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,

Try these steps for the DVR expansion via Verizon's website (it's just transposing the order of #1 and #2):

1. Go to www.verizon.com and sign-in with your Verizon userid/password.
  2. On the browser's address bar, paste the following link exactly as it appears and hit enter: https://www22.verizon.com/fiostv/myservices/members/DvrExpansion.aspx
  3. You should see the two ways to expand your DVR storage: 
    • option 1 is to order an eSATA drive, and
    • option 2 is to order a 500 GB DVR.  
  4. Select the option you'd prefer.

(Do note that at this time Safari seems to encounter issues with this link. Firefox is fine. I am not certain about IE).

For option 1, the DVR models compatible with eSATA devices are the:

• Motorola QIP 7216
  • Motorola QIP 7232
  • Cisco 435

If you order a DVR online or over the phone, you'll get shipped whatever DVR is available at the distribution facility at the time. Hence, the DVR model you'll receive in the mail is not certain. This would be a similar scenario if you walk into a local FiOS TV store (it depends on what is in stock).

Verizon's Customer Service would mention ordering the upgraded DVR via the website with a one-time equipment upgrade fee if you specifically want the 500 GB DVR (option 2) as that upgrade process guarantees the specific type of DVR that will be sent to you.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
blibby05
No. It still won't work for me.

Very frustrating.
0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@blibby05 wrote:

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

We can get this ordered for you. So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

blibby

Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears everything is ok with the new box we sent you. Please reach out anytime you need assistance.

0 Likes
Re: Getting the DVR Upgrade to 500GB
IBK1

That's funny. I tried multiple times to get the upgraded DVR and it always got stuck at some point and I was never able to order it. Today, I got some chat help and the person gave me a link and it was done in 30 seconds.

0 Likes
Re: Getting the DVR Upgrade to 500GB
loworbitnyc
Enthusiast - Level 1

FIOS was recently installed in my building and I was one of the first people to get it installed.  I had done some research before the install and read that some of the DVRs had limited storage space due to small hard drives.  When they installed my service I specifically asked about the DVR and I was told that I was getting an old one with the limited capacity because they didn't have anything else in stock...that I could replace it at the local store for the model with the larger capacity when they were available.  A few days later my neighbors got FIOS installed and they got the high capacity box (7232) without any special request of any kind.  I finally get around to seeing about replacing my box, called Verizon who confirmed that I could go to the local store and do this but that they don't always have the 7232 in stock.  Verizon rep provided me the number of the local office so I could call to confirm they have the 7232 in stock.  When I called the rep said that not only do they not have it in stock but that they would not replace my DVR even if they did, only broken units...that I could go online and upgrade via mail for $40.  This is outrageous!  I'm paying the same monthly rate as my neighbors who got the better box, the same box that I specifically asked for an time of install but you couldn't provide it and now verizon wants me to pay for this.  I'm getting gipped here...this is not right!!!!

Not a good way to treat customers, this is not right at all!!!  NOT HAPPY WITH VERIZON AT ALL!!!!

0 Likes