Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Getting the DVR Upgrade to 500GB

glennauve
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Getting the DVR Upgrade to 500GB

Message 1 of 33
(8,791 Views)

Has anyone ever managed to get the upgrade to the 500GB DVR? Phone support claims they can't do it and that you have to accomplish this task via the website. But the piece of crap website doesn't advance past "retrieving your records" in order to allow me to do it either. Ultimately I suppose it's $40 I don't really need to spend. But this pathetic service is really sad.

32 REPLIES 32
Anthony_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Getting the DVR Upgrade to 500GB

Message 2 of 33
(8,725 Views)

I am sorry for the troubles ordering the expanded box. We can help you out with this. So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

TonyaD_VZ
Employee Emeritus

Status changed to: Resolved

Message 3 of 33
(8,713 Views)

This issue was resolved

Joe378
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Status changed to: Resolved

Message 4 of 33
(8,679 Views)

I am new to these forums and didn't even know this was an option as my DVR is always filling up.  What is the size of the regular DVR boxes and how can I upgrade to the 500GB DVR?

Anthony_VZ
Employee Emeritus

Message 5 of 33
(8,643 Views)

You can signup for the upgraded box by going to www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral 
1.       Sign In
2.       Select the “FiOS TV” Tab
3.       Select “Settings”  sub-listing
4.       Select “Set Top Boxes” from the drop down list
5.       Select the “Go” button under “Want more from your FiOS DVR.”

Please let me know if you still need assistance after doing this.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

jcd148
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 6 of 33
(8,465 Views)

I have tried many times over the past year to  this DVR upgrade, to no avail.  The website has never worked, and the one time it seemed to be working, it came back and said I have no DVR, even though I have a multi room system.  I would love to upgrade and would pay to do so, Verizon won't let me.  Is it possible to call and get the DVR upgrade?  Tried the link above just for kicks, says "Sorry! We're unable to continue.  We have encountered an error. Don'tworry, it's our fault.". At least it made me laugh this time.  Please help.  This issue is not resolved.

Hubrisnxs
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 7 of 33
(8,447 Views)

what ID are you logging in with??    your dvr's may be attached to another login ID.  

jcd148
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 8 of 33
(8,421 Views)

I only have one ID, what other ID would it be?

Hubrisnxs
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 9 of 33
(8,415 Views)

some people have an email ID in addition to their .com ID (the one they use to pay the bill) 

does your ID do your email too?   and most importantly are you able to pay your bill with it?

if you login at http://activate.verizon.net does it ask you to create an email ID or does it make mention that you have a second ID and it is xyz?

jcd148
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 10 of 33
(8,352 Views)

using that link, it lists my current ID as my only one.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.