Ghosting on some channels
Miketee1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone experience Ghosting on various channels? I switched my main DVR box to another tv and the Ghosting was on that TV as well. However, when I plugged the smaller box into the TV where the main DVR was, there was no channels with Ghosting. The tech on the phone suggested switching out the main box. Any other suggestions or experiences from anyone?

0 Likes
Re: Ghosting on some channels
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does the smaller box connect to TV the same way (ie both use HDMI cables to the same port on TV)?

If yes, then I would agree it is in fact the DVR (is it a VMS model?)

Keep in mind that replacing DVR will cause you to lsoe everything reocrded on it.

You can back up series recording schedule to the cloud and then download to new one.

Picture quality
Miketee1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can I get some feedback on others picture quality on FIOS? Is it crystal clear, grainy, etc.

0 Likes
Re: Picture quality
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are a variety of answers.

I have quantum hardware with HD TVs (all Samsung of varying ages).

I am happy with picture quality.

Others are not as pleased.

It seems to be especially apparent with 4K TVs.

0 Likes
Miketee1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have Samsung as well with my main STB. I get pretty good picture quality half the time. I see a little bit of ghosting mostly on premium channels. A tech has came out and switched my HDMI to the 4k HDMI that they issue now and I still still a little Ghosting. I just don't know what else to do. My picture was teriffic when I forst got FIOS installed.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon doesn't offer a 4K STB.

What model do you have?

Is it just on that TV?

Have you tried swapping boxes around to see if it follows box or stays with TV?

0 Likes
Miketee1
Enthusiast - Level 3

The HDMI is just capable up to 4k. It's what they're issuing to all customers. I have the VMS 1100. Yes I've tried eveything you suggested with a phone rep. It's more visible on my Samsung Plasma, but is noticable on the 1080p LCDs.

0 Likes
FIOS TV Quality is Deceiving
Miketee1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm shocked from the lack of complaints about FIOS picture quality. I've been with FIOS since Feb. Upon completion of installation, the picture quality was outstanding. I even went out bragging to my friends and co-workers. About a month ago I started noticing smeared images, ghosting, and fuzziness. Definitely not HD most of the time. I have the latest Quantum equipment across the board. It's almost like watching TV through a window or clear plastic bag. You can see the wonderful picture behind the mirky film or ghosting that appears most of the time. Some time the picture can be phenomanally clear. Sadly each day it's degrades a little more it seems. If I run Netflix or any other source the picture is crystal clear as well so it's only the Verizon connection that has the issue.There has to be more people out there that's experiencing this. I've had the tech return out to only replace the HDMI cables. I've spent countless hours on the phone with the Customer service reps in India (don't even get me started on that). There has to be many more people experiencing this issue. Please speak up, so that we all can get this issue resolved on the grand scale. If you take the time to read this, please take a couple extra mins to respond.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV Quality is Deceiving
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I for one have no issues with PQ on Quantum hardware.

It appears it can be related to types of TVs at times.

And some people have a more discerning eye.

I have posted pics on other forums and some have commented on how horrible the PQ is.

0 Likes
Re: Ghosting on some channels
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes