Glitchy Fox5 and Fox 5 Plus DC Channels - Terrible video and audio issues
thomp66
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in the DC Metro area and recently I have been having issues with two channels specifically that I've noticed so far. The channels are Fox 5 DC and Fox 5 Plus DC (channel 5 and 6 SD or 505 and 506 HD) These channels become pixelated and the audio and video drops out constantly to the point where these channels are no longer watchable. I've rebotted the DVR's, unplugged the digital adaptor and plugged it back in, and unplugged the ONT and plugged it back in. No luck. Verizon also sent a tech out who replaced a splitter and cleaned the ONT terminal. The issue still remains. It was really bad today and some days seem wrose than others. I don't know if it's a Fios issue or an actual television station issue. Does anyone else in the DC area seem to be having these problems recently? It's been going on for several months now and seems to be getting worse. Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Glitchy Fox5 and Fox 5 Plus DC Channels - Terrible video and audio issues
2golftoday
Enthusiast - Level 3

We are having the same issue. It’s also starting on CBS channel.  We have also checked all connections and sound no issues with them. 

0 Likes
thomp66
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply. That's interesting to know. I've reached back out to the tech that came to my house as well as his supervisor, but I'm being ignored now. It's been 5 days. I'm assuming they have no idea what's causing it either so they don't want to deal with it. I've had Verizon for years but I've never had issues like this. It's pretty frustrating considering the cost we pay for this service. I haven't noticed on CBS yet, but only fox 5 and fox 5 plus. It's really weird that it's only those two channels on all of my cable boxes.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@thomp66 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. That's interesting to know. I've reached back out to the tech that came to my house as well as his supervisor, but I'm being ignored now. It's been 5 days. I'm assuming they have no idea what's causing it either so they don't want to deal with it. I've had Verizon for years but I've never had issues like this. It's pretty frustrating considering the cost we pay for this service. I haven't noticed on CBS yet, but only fox 5 and fox 5 plus. It's really weird that it's only those two channels on all of my cable boxes.

Ok. tune to the problem stations. If it looks bad, go to Menu>Settings>System information and hit OK. You should see a screen that tells you how good the signal is reaching your box from the ONT, and if the channel has a errors . If the SNR's are both good, the problem is most likely a Transmission issue, not something in your home.

systemDiagnosticsPage1.png

0 Likes
Satch2
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is now 13 November 2022. This is still happening. WTH?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes