Green Screen Problems
RonSibila2

Just read some old posts on this topic and was not sure if anyone had gotten anywhere with Verizon on the Green Screen Issues with the HDMI Cable? It seems to me that the only answers that was being relayed was that they were working on a fix to be pushed out sometime....other than that, you should purchase Component cables?  Anything new from anyone?

0 Likes
Re: Green Screen Problems
VZ_Constance
Contributor - Level 1

Hello RonSibila...nothing new on our end. Do you have component cables?

0 Likes
RonSibila2

I have not purchased cables as I was hoping to be able to stay with the latest technology with the HDMI Cable. If I need to do this, I guess I will be it seems like a step back in time as well as additional expense to go to. Should not have to do this.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@RonSibila wrote:

Just read some old posts on this topic and was not sure if anyone had gotten anywhere with Verizon on the Green Screen Issues with the HDMI Cable? It seems to me that the only answers that was being relayed was that they were working on a fix to be pushed out sometime....other than that, you should purchase Component cables?  Anything new from anyone?

Basically, in order to fix that it's a combo effort, so the manufacturers have been giving out firmware updates (like sony and samsung) and then in addition VZ has put out IMG updates that help as well.  So VZ put out a big IMG update in late november and was updating all the boxes and that should have been 100% completed by late dec.    So you should check if you have IMG 1.7  

that addressed the green screen for a huge number of customers, a majority of  DSL reports users and users here at the forums have had that problem all but eliminated, but there are pockets of customers whom still have the problem after the IMG release.

If you're one of them, your only work around is the component cables until the manufacturers and vz get the hdmi technology straight.  It was a rushed technology, so it's is prone to hiccups and the green screen is one of those hiccups.   So if you're having that problem, make sure to check with your manufacturer for a firmware update (sony will send you a usb flash drive with the update on it) and check if your box has the 1.7 software.     if both of those things are done and you still have the issue, then you'll have to wait to see if the next release of software helps out, that won't be coming for at least 1 quarter, so far no release date has been given for it.   I think that will be 1.8.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

also the components aren't too bad, they still get 1080i picture quality which is gorgeous.  the only enhancements the hdmi cable have are for future enhancements   vz might send those cables complimentary if you talk to them since it's a known issue. 

0 Likes