Re: Green Screen of death
Justin46
Legend

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

tx and ca got their's today - but i think that is one of those trial's to see how it goes before deploying to the rest of the nation.

We got a replacement level of 1.7 (1.7C) yesterday here in TX. We originally got 1.7 in late Sept. but apparently there were some problems that stopped deployment to the rest of the nation. CA also got the new 1.7C to replace the original 1.7.

I suspect that 1.7 will be deployed to the rest of the US over the next several months, assuming that no severe problems in 1.7C are discovered. I doubt that there is a real schedule at this point, and I feel sure that Verizon will not publish one, they never do, so we all just have to wait and see what happens when.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Justin wrote:

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

tx and ca got their's today - but i think that is one of those trial's to see how it goes before deploying to the rest of the nation.

We got a replacement level of 1.7 (1.7C) yesterday here in TX. We originally got 1.7 in late Sept. but apparently there were some problems that stopped deployment to the rest of the nation. CA also got the new 1.7C to replace the original 1.7.

I suspect that 1.7 will be deployed to the rest of the US over the next several months, assuming that no severe problems in 1.7C are discovered. I doubt that there is a real schedule at this point, and I feel sure that Verizon will not publish one, they never do, so we all just have to wait and see what happens when.

Keller, TX 76248

Justin, how can you tell 1.7C versus 1.7?  I'm in California and I believe we got an update yesterday, but I can't tell what it is.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@PJL wrote:

Justin, how can you tell 1.7C versus 1.7?  I'm in California and I believe we got an update yesterday, but I can't tell what it is.  Thanks.

The only way I know of is the Build Number, which is shown in the same System Information list ast the Release. The original 1.7 was Build Number 09.82, the current one (1.7C) is 09.83. The 1.7B level apparently never made it out of testing so the build number was never updated for it (this is my guess, no real knowledge here).

Keller, TX 76248

PJL
Master - Level 3

@Justin wrote:

@PJL wrote:

The only way I know of is the Build Number, which is shown in the same System Information list ast the Release. The original 1.7 was Build Number 09.82, the current one (1.7C) is 09.83. The 1.7B level apparently never made it out of testing so the build number was never updated for it (this is my guess, no real knowledge here).

Keller, TX 76248

Thanks Justin.  We do have 9.83 here is California.  All seems stable, and I've seen no HDMI dropouts at all since it was installed.

0 Likes
Skaterkided

definitely jealous of you guys, i wish i could rock HDMI already...

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

"definitely jealous of you guys, i wish i could rock HDMI already..."

Well usually California (VHO3) is the last to get anything.  We had to wait until the bitter end last year to get the big HD channel upgrade.  By the time they go to us, we did at least get everything they had -- other places had a "go back" to add the final additions.  Hang in there...

0 Likes
demonstr8r
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'll cancel my service and sign-up with Comcast or Dish Network before waiting another several months for a fix.  This is beyond ridiculous.

0 Likes
Skaterkided

def will wait on this, cablevision by us has terrible trouble with HD content for a few channels rendering them unwatchable at certain times of the day(anytime i really want to watch something). Just hoping we'll get the update before next year. Have been waiting a year to have this fixed...

0 Likes
RBFios

I switched from Comcast to Fios earlier this year, in part for the "better" service.  The "better" service has yielded a situation where because I tried adding an A/V receiver to my setup, I would have to downgrade to component cables to not get a green screen of death (GSOD)?  If Verizon can't offer an appropriate fix that allows me to continue using HDMI connections, I will have no choice but to switch back to Comcast.  Anyone from Verizon care to chime in on whether they plan to fix this issue, and when?

0 Likes
Skaterkided

my area was just updated to 1.7 today, i've hooked up the hdmi through the Onkyo receiver and its been running fine for 10 min....fingers crossed it stays green free....

0 Likes