Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Green Screen of death

AeroR1
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Green Screen of death

Message 1 of 20
(8,141 Views)

Anyone have an idea as to when the HDMI on the 7000 (or whatever the model number is) HD  boxes, green screen problem going to be addressed?

yes, i searched.  yes, ive seen the other threads.  yes, ive read them.

no, its not my equipment and no, switching to component cables is NOT a solution.

everyone knows that this is a problem and that the older moto HD boxes do not experience this issue.

any ideas?

thanks.

19 REPLIES 19
VZ_JoeD
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Green Screen of death

Message 2 of 20
(8,116 Views)

Next IMG release as of now tentatively scheduled for  the end of September will be concentrating on adressing HDMI/Motorola conflicts

Joe D
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.Follow us on Twitter™!

AeroR1
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 20
(8,102 Views)

Thanks Joe.  Is the image you are talking about 1.7?

VZ_JoeD
Employee Emeritus

Message 4 of 20
(8,090 Views)

Yes IMG=Interactive Media Guide..Next update is 1.7

Joe D
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.Follow us on Twitter™!

mwallace29
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 20
(8,030 Views)

I have the STB 7100, when I make an attempt to hook up the box through my receiver then to the TV, I get the green screen of death. I called tech support and was told not to do that. "We do not support" attaching the STB to other devices. While I understand the thought process, I think that Verizon should choose equipment that is for the most part universally compatible. We are in the age of convenience and making the process easier for the consumer, not the other way around. Sorry for the negativity, but I did not appreciate attitude of this is the way it is, so deal with it. I was a long time customer of Cox Cable and I never experienced that mentality. Just FYI to whom ever may care, that is the mindset that drives customers away! If there is a fix in the works or if one is already available how do I get it? Thanks to all that may be able to help.

Michael

CharlesH
Employee Emeritus

Message 6 of 20
(8,013 Views)

Update is scheduled to be released at the end of this month and next month automatically to your cableboxes.   You won't need to do anything but wait.  It will be released market by market.  We are not able to release dates yet as they are unconfirmed at this point along with what it is specifically fixing, updating, and adding.

Please do not call into tech support asking for the update, we are not able to just "give it to you". 

-Thanks!

mwallace29
Contributor
Contributor

Message 7 of 20
(7,937 Views)

When I called, I wasn't asking anyone to give anything to me. My biggest reason for being here was to let others know that I did not appreciate the negative attitude I received. The person did nothing to offer a resolution or even a potential resolution. She just said that I the problem that I encountered was because I had it hooked up wrong and that I needed to change it. Customer service is one of the largest business priorities, unhappy customers results in bad business for the organization. I think that the people who run the Verizon Empire should know that the representatives that we "the consumer" talk to, are not necessarily representing Verizon professionally. These are just my thoughts and who knows this may just fall on deaf ears, but at least I have done my part and reported substandard representation.

Respectfully,

Michael

e654562
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 8 of 20
(7,668 Views)

Hearing for the NY area Oct 15th for the 1.7 update.

Skaterkided
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 9 of 20
(7,296 Views)

Just checking in on this. I have the Onkyo SR-606 and still get the green screen-o-death. I'm in northern NJ and i believe my box's image is still something like 1.6.7.

Any idea yet on 1.7 for my area? i'd like to be getting my money's worth soon by being able to use HDMI...

Hubrisnxs
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 10 of 20
(7,266 Views)

tx and ca got their's today - but i think that is one of those trial's to see how it goes before deploying to the rest of the nation.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title