Green line on right side of HD channels
ekrengel

I have a Sharp Aqious HD TV.  When I am watching an HD channel in "Dot by Dot" mode, a green line appears on the right side of the screen.  If it put the TV in "Stretch" mode, the line goes away, but it also cuts off some of the picture.  Dot by dot mode has the best view with screen picture and clarity, but it has that annoying green line there.  I believe this is a bug with verizon and not my TV.  Has anyone had this problem, or had it fixed by verizon?

Let me know, thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Green line on right side of HD channels
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

This is a known issue with the current version of the HD STB firmware (V1.5 - been that way is SE PA since January Smiley Mad ).  There are a couple of "band aids" you can use to get around the problem.

1. Use composite (red, green, blue RCA connectors)
  2. Set the STB resolution to 720p
  3. Change the color space to RGB (using the STB internal menu).  Note this will produce vertically shifted pixels on the left side of the screen (less annoying than the green line - at least to some)
Like I said, not fixes but work arounds until Verizon updates the STB firmware in your area.
0 Likes
ekrengel

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.  Do you know when/if they are going to fix the firmware?  Anywhere I can check for the updates?  Or would they roll it out automatically?  I don't really want to reduce the quality of my TV just to fix the green line lol.  I can wait for that.

What does STB stand for by the way?  

Message Edited by ekrengel on 08-30-2008 05:27 PM
Message Edited by ekrengel on 08-30-2008 05:27 PM
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Everyone will automatically be upgraded over the next month. STB=Set Top Box
0 Likes
ekrengel
Will we get notified when they are upgraded?  Or will I just have to keep testing it?
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@ekrengel wrote:
Will we get notified when they are upgraded?  Or will I just have to keep testing it?

You won't get notified.  However if you go under MENU -> Settings -> System Info you will find the current firmware version (mine shows Release 1.5.0 Build 5.93)

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Usually you do not get notified, however many areas that were upgraded with this version are reporting that when they turned their boxes on, there was a message that a new version is now in place.
0 Likes
cck88
I switched the HDMI cable and problem solved
0 Likes