Grey option box stuck on screen
Rilesman45

This just recently started happening, my wife turned the TV on this morning and there was a grey box with the word "OK" in the center of it.  It disappears when we go to the on demand section, but comes back when we hit the guide button.  Anyone have a clue as to what this is? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Grey option box stuck on screen
matcarl
Master - Level 1
There is a message on that screen, didn't someone read it? Verizon does that to let you know that an update or new feature is available, pressing OK makes it go away. It's pretty self explanatory.
Message Edited by matcarl on 12-01-2008 06:00 AM
0 Likes
Rilesman45
Pressing OK doesn't make the box go away. The only way to get it off there is to click the on demand button then exit out of the on demand but as soon as you hit the Guide button it comes back up.
0 Likes
crosby

This has recently happened to us too! We press "ok" and still the next time we press the guide button the "ok" box lingers on. Did you find a fix? Any help would be very much appreciated.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend
I know it's a pain, but try going to your menu and viewing the messages. Once the messages are deleted it should go away. I think it's part of the message light not showing up on the STB bug. I think it's Verizons way of shoving the message down out troats because they can't fix the light. Thanks Verizon but if I want to know about new features I will look for them.
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@prisaz wrote:
...  I think it's part of the message light not showing up on the STB bug. I think it's Verizons way of shoving the message down out troats because they can't fix the light. ...

It's not a bug.  They used to use the light but too many people called and said "What's this light on my STB?" so they disabled it.  Do wish they would make it an option to use the light for new messages as I don't check the MENU and look for an envelope in the MESSAGE"tray".

0 Likes