Grey's Anatomy Sunday night reruns record as New
Lets_Go_Mets
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've setup a series schedule for Grey's Anatomy episodes to record at 9:00 EST using the First Run Only option. This works fine for the first run Thursday night episodes.

However, in the NYC area, the ABC affiliate, WABC shows previous years episodes late Sunday night (11:35 EST and 12:35 EST) and these reruns are always scheduled as well.

This doesn't happen on other shows like NBC's The Office. Could it be because The Office reruns are on another channel (the FOX affiliate)?

Regardess, it would seem that this shouldn't happen.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Grey's Anatomy Sunday night reruns record as New
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Try looking in the guide and seeing of the late night episode has the "NEW" symbol.  This is the only way the DVR determines if it is new or re-reun.  My guess is that it is the fault of the guide information.  You can fix this by modifying your series to record at selected time only, but if the network pulls a start at 9:01 instead of 9:00 it won't record.  Pick your poison, or just go into the DVR  Scheduled Recordings and delete the late night "repeat".

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Try looking in the guide and seeing of the late night episode has the "NEW" symbol.  This is the only way the DVR determines if it is new or re-reun.  My guess is that it is the fault of the guide information.  You can fix this by modifying your series to record at selected time only, but if the network pulls a start at 9:01 instead of 9:00 it won't record.  Pick your poison, or just go into the DVR  Scheduled Recordings and delete the late night "repeat".

0 Likes
Lets_Go_Mets
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's what I do now (if I remember).

Thanks for the prompt response.

0 Likes
Lets_Go_Mets
Enthusiast - Level 3

By the way, I checked the guide data for the Sunday night reruns and it does say 'New'. So, that explains that.

0 Likes