Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Grounding of Coax

davehall83
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Grounding of Coax

Message 1 of 3
(1,155 Views)

Does the coax line if it's installed indoors with an indoor ONT requried to be grounded at the splitter? I noticed the tech never grounded the coax line, is there any signal/video quality problems that could arise since the splitter is not grounded? If i have a ground block for the coax, is there a recommended one to use? Also if i ground near the ont the main coax and then about 50 ft downstream in my home media panel there would be a 6 way splitter and it also has a ground screw, does this need to be grounded as well?

2 REPLIES 2
mahican
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Grounding of Coax

Message 2 of 3
(899 Views)

hi to all,
was this subject moved to another section?
proper grounding is important.
and could be problematic if it's ignored or improperly grounded.
thanks,
mahican

LawrenceC
Moderator Moderator

Re: Grounding of Coax

Message 3 of 3
(877 Views)

Hi mahican,

This topic has not been moved.  Yours is the only reply.  As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title