Guide Data unavailable - please wait
HKS

The problem I am going to describe has plagued me for several years.  I have 2 STB's: a DVR QIP7216 and a QIP2500 standard box.  If I disconnect both boxes and power-up either one, the Guide, Widgets and Help screens work fine.  The second box to power up is not able to download the guide or other internet dependent data although the TV channels work fine.  This does not happen 100% of the time.  My DVR is on a UPS so a power interuption causes only the standard box to reboot and more times then not, it cannot reacquire the Guide info.  Before I had the DVR, I had a QIP6214 but the problem was the same.  I have had service technicians to my house to look at this problem.  Usually, after checking cables, rebooting both systems, performing system resets etc., the problem goes away, but always returns.  The latest episode ocurred when I added an external hard drive to the DVR box.   It would not recognize it.  When I unplugged the Standard box, the DVR immediately came up with a new screen, went through a short routine and added the external drive.   The Standard box no longer displays Guide info.  Suggestions?

0 Likes