Guide Display - Not Very Clear
TViwer2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why does Verizon's Guide display its main show title & all its contents on the third row down & not the top? 

Press Guide. The channel you wish to choose is the THIRD row down. Shouldn't it be the TOP?

I say this because when you're scanning the channels your eyes aren't likely to look up two rows to view what's on. Classic & Standard view won't correct this problem.....It used to. That is until the new update was installed!

Will Verizon ever change the display where the main channel is at the TOP?  

512-----------------------------------------------------

513------------------------------------------------------

514            News, Sports, Weather

Local News, Sports & Weather

515-----------------------------------------------------

516-----------------------------------------------------

517-----------------------------------------------------

518-----------------------------------------------------

519-----------------------------------------------------

520----------------------------------------------------

Re: Guide Display - Not Very Clear
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I actually prefer it the way it is with a quick look at channels around the current channel showing.

0 Likes
TViwer2014
Enthusiast - Level 2
You like it this way?!!.... So, in other words, you're saying when you channel surf you like looking down the page, up two channels, down the next page, up two channels, down the next page, up two channels...down, up, down, up....
At least that's how it's done using "Standard" View. As for "Classic" View its at the top.
Classic view however has been disconnected since the new menu showed up. Verizon removed it features. Bummer!!
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@TViwer2014 wrote:
You like it this way?!!.... So, in other words, you're saying when you channel surf you like looking down the page, up two channels, down the next page, up two channels, down the next page, up two channels...down, up, down, up....
At least that's how it's done using "Standard" View. As for "Classic" View its at the top.
Classic view however has been disconnected since the new menu showed up. Verizon removed it features. Bummer!!

Like TNS_2, I like it the way it is.

It probably took me 2 or 3 days to get used to this format, and when I am channel surfing I always look at the second from the top (or the next to the bottom, depending on which direction I am going), not in the middle. Why would you look in the middle at all when channel surfing? I simply don't understand your issue.

And when I just want to see the Guide to maybe see what is coming next on the channel I am tuned to, it being in the middle is great, high visibility. Plus since FiOS generaly groups like channels together (news, sports, etc.), it makes it easy to see what is being shown or coming on on channels both above and below, no key pressing needed.

Very intuitive and easy to use to me.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
TViwer2014
Enthusiast - Level 2
Look down, NO, look up....NO sorry, look down, no I mean look up.
That's how my eyes feel when viewing this disgusting TV guide that Verizon created.
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

It also makes it a shorter scroll if you see something you like on the page.  Yes I prefer it this way.

0 Likes