Guide Doesn't Work In My Room
Jakeness
Enthusiast - Level 1

Our Set-Top-Box is located in the living room. We have tiny black boxes in all the other rooms of the house. The Guide works in the living room but not in any of the other rooms where we have the smaller black box. How do I fix it so the Guide feature works in all the rooms of the house?

This is ridiculous if Verizon doesn't let you have it in other rooms.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Guide Doesn't Work In My Room
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@Jakeness wrote:

Our Set-Top-Box is located in the living room. We have tiny black boxes in all the other rooms of the house. The Guide works in the living room but not in any of the other rooms where we have the smaller black box. How do I fix it so the Guide feature works in all the rooms of the house?

The "little black boxes" are the DCT-700 models.  These do not support guide, VOD, or widgets.  This is the lowest cost STB that Verizon offers and is extremely bare bones.  If you want the guide in other rooms you need to move up to the QIP-2500.

View solution in original post

Re: Guide Doesn't Work In My Room
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@Jakeness wrote:

The "little black boxes" are the DCT-700 models.  These do not support guide, VOD, or widgets.  This is the lowest cost STB that Verizon offers and is extremely bare bones.  If you want the guide in other rooms you need to move up to the QIP-2500.