Switch Account

Guide Feedback

Highlighted
Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Guide Sucks.

Message 21 of 62
(7,663 Views)

Thank you, All, for the excellent feedback you've provided here.  It is much appreciated and will only help Verizon improve it's FiOS TV products and services in the future.

Regards,

Kathleen

Verizon Forums Team Administrator

Kathleen
Verizon Telecom
Online Center of Excellence

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 22 of 62
(7,665 Views)

swsquish,

6) If you subscribe to the Movie Package there are a few HD free movies available, at least in North Texas - 13 today. But they are hard to find: On Demand ==> Browse ==> Subscriptions ==> Starz ==> Starz HD Trial. Not much, but better than nothing, and I guess may not be available in all areas.

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
Keller, TX

Message Edited by Justin on 09-10-2008 02:46 PM
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 23 of 62
(7,639 Views)
I agree wholeheartedly. With Comcast I could search very easily to see what games are on. With Verizon and their folders and subfolders any sports search gives you a bunch of garbage and you cannot filter out that you are only searching to see what games are coming on. Can somebody at Verizon please look into this. I am sure that most sports fans just want to be able to search for game broadcasts that are coming up.
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 24 of 62
(7,614 Views)

Anyone know when Verizon is going to bring back the ability to remove channels from the guide that are unwanted? In the other guide before the "upgrade" I was able to remove the channels that I don't subscribe to or do not watch like the channels in the Spanish package.

I have to agree with others here that the magnification of the selected channel HAS TO GO! I was happy with my decision to switch from Comcast and now I am second guessing my decision because now Verizon has gone and tried to fix something that was not broken. BRING BACK THE OLD GUIDE AND FEATURES! This new guide, all the inaccurate info it displays, and removing popular features has Verizon going BACKWARDS! Why would you change the guide but not bring along all the features of the old one? Isn't that the definition of upgrade; keeping current features and ADDING to make it better? Verizon PLEASE wake up and get moving or I just might have to go back to Comcast!

Message Edited by Cokeman on 09-10-2008 10:04 PM
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 25 of 62
(7,581 Views)

@Cokeman wrote:

This new guide, all the inaccurate info it displays, ...

As for the inaccurate information, this has always been there since Verizon has not changed guide data providers.  They use (and always have used - even with the "old guide") a company called FYI.  So, bringing back the "old guide" won't improve the data although I agree I liked some of the functionality better before.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 26 of 62
(7,538 Views)

sportsfan,

I agree with you about the search being worthless for sports programs.  On Saturday I went in to the search to find out which College Football games were on.  There were zero college games in the search listing.  In fact, most of the search returns were premium channel movies.  One such hit was Flyboys.  Since when is air-to-air combat a sport?

Two days ago I tried to get online to register a complaint with tech support about all the problems my family has had with the guide service and search functions.  No luck with the online assistance forms, so I called the helpline and spoke with Mike in Fiber Tech Support.  I was really hoping to get an official tech support ticket created such that I would get an official Verizon response that they were either going with another service or were planning on staying with FYI.  He wouldn't create a ticket, as there really wasn't anything tech support could do about it.  He did say he would forward on my complaint to the proper persons, and that they should eventually get back to me about my concerns.  I really hope that wasn't just a snowjob.

I've read somewhere that Verizon has contracted FYI through 2008.  If they renew that contract beyond this year and FYI takes no steps to improve their service then I will be going back to Comcast or possibly trying out DirectTV in 2009.  This service is just that bad.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 27 of 62
(7,484 Views)
Gotta add my 2 cents.  Guide does Suck.  We got FIOs in Feb and the guide was OK then they got rid of their outsource provider and did the software inhouse.  I was told that by March all the promised features would be in place.  It's now late Sept 08.  In addition to all the inaccuracies and non-usesr friendly features my biggest complaint is that the old guide allowed you to "preset" which programs you would want to watch.  This was especially great if you have little children.  You set a "reminder" in the guide and when the program is about to start the TV automatically changes to that channel.  The new guilde merely puts a reminder on the screen....right in the middle of the screen...but does not change to the program you have chosen.  The really good part about that feature was that YOU got to choose what you kid was going to watch because every 30 minutes the chances of some weird program coming on is a real possibility.  Oh, every time I phone they tell me the feature will be in the next software delivery.  That was how many months ago?
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 28 of 62
(7,383 Views)

Absolutely agree that the FIOS guide is horrible.

1.  The channel bar in the middle of the guide makes it hard to quickly scan for programs.  It breaks up your visual field and most web and gui design classes cover this type of mistake at the 101 level.

2.  Information is bad/missing/incomplete.  Show times, descriptions, and related information are sub-par at best and make the DVR service more of a hassle than the convenience it should be.

3.  Sluggish response.  Everything about the guide seems to move in slow-mo for me.  There are huge gaps between when I hit the button and the set-top box processing my request.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 29 of 62
(7,348 Views)
+1  Same here.  I hate that "magnification" "feature"...
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 30 of 62
(7,323 Views)
Agreed!!  Worst guide ever!!!  Please give us something better!!  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.