Switch Account

Guide Feedback

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Guide Sucks.

Message 41 of 62
(7,962 Views)

It is with mixed feelings that I submit this note.  I love the quality and quantity of my new Fios HD channels (much better than the Comcast programming I used to have).

But - the Programming Guide is a huge step backwards in usability and content. 

1.) Generic descriptions of shows is less than helpful (please tell me what's actually on Masterpiece Theatre TONIGHT)

2.) I want actors names, year, run time, summary, director in the guide.

3.) The percentage of incorrect information needs to be reduced!!!

4.) When scanning through list of shows - Don't highlight one show JUST because it happens to fall in middle of list.

VOD

Please let me search through the VOD movies by some common search function - say search by Actors names, or search by type or year span.

The prgramming and service is great - but you've got to fix the Programming Guide

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 42 of 62
(7,923 Views)
The guide is the only thing making me want to back out of my 2 year contract, this thing is slow and annoying. Everything is big and bloated. Dont blow up a selection just highlight it or something. This really needs to change, I have not let my friends switch over becauser of this only reason, My family literally has stopped watching tv as much as before because this is getting very annoying.
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 43 of 62
(7,909 Views)

jmejiaa wrote:
The guide is the only thing making me want to back out of my 2 year contract, this thing is slow and annoying. Everything is big and bloated. Dont blow up a selection just highlight it or something. This really needs to change, I have not let my friends switch over becauser of this only reason, My family literally has stopped watching tv as much as before because this is getting very annoying.

{Please keep posts on topic.  Thank You}

everybody has to make their own judgement, of course, and if the guide's imperfections are enough to make you terminate with Verizon and go back to an inferior quality video feed, that is your choice.  To me, picture quality is EVERYTHING and FIOS has the best hands down.  Better than Dish, better than DirecTV, and WAAAAY better than Cox Cable.

Should the guide be better?  ABSOLUTELY.  And we should politely provide this feedback via every means available to us, but the magnification of the guide item that is currently selected being reason to drop FIOS TV completely?  I spend more time watching the actual video feed, and not so much watching the guide, but that's just me.

Message Edited by KaLin on 09-19-2008 09:45 PM
Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 44 of 62
(7,869 Views)

I came across this...

Verizon Licenses Gemstar-TV Guide IPG Patents

FiOS TV Pact Marks First Telco Deal for Gemstar-TV Guide

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6438530.html?industryid=47199&q=&q=FiOS+TV

Maybe when FYI is done?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 45 of 62
(7,832 Views)
I agree, this is the worst guide in the indusrty. It is so bad that we are going to switch back to Direct TV!!!
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 46 of 62
(7,816 Views)

@nascar wrote:

I came across this...

Verizon Licenses Seamstress Guide PIG Patents

FiOS TV Pact Marks First Telco Deal for Gemstar-TV Guide

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6438530.html?industryid=47199&q=&q=FiOS+TV

Maybe when FYI is done?

While I'm excited to see the Verizon is trying to upgrade the guide, this article seems to be about adding new features, and not improving the content.  I really hope they use TV-Guide to provide the content for the interactive guide, because the existing guide borders on unusable.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 47 of 62
(7,777 Views)

Magnification is simply one of many possibly annoying details.

Does nobody at Verizon use FIOS TV? 

A movie without without a title.

A sporting event without the team info.

No way to view current sports events.

And no I can't 'terminate' without paying them to leave! But I may.

Verizon should issue a disclaimer about the guide, before people sign up.

And if you like any of your friends,  I have emailed my address book telling them not to make the mistake I made until the guide is fixed.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 48 of 62
(7,696 Views)

I'm a big hockey fan and hockey is starting.  The lack of quality information in the guide is really hurting my recording efforts.  The guide should contain at least the following:

*The two teams playing each other

*The location of the event

*The original Air Time

*New or Repeat

*Short summary of the Teams playing such as what happened the last time they met.

This data is just so common I don't understand how it is missing.   Both TiVo and Comcast provide it.

Verizon needs to look into their Guide data provider and pronto.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 49 of 62
(7,650 Views)

{no personal comments, please} If Verizons PQ was less than that of the compition you would complain about that. Its not so you look for something to compain about. Not enough HD channels perhaps, oh, 101 or so isnt enough?

{keep it relevant} comparing it to Tivo, well Tivo charges you an arm and a leg for that guide so it dang well

better be good.

As for cable companies, well they have been doing this for almost 40 years, you would think they would have there act together, do they? If so why are so many of you switching to FiOS.

"I'm a big hockey fan and hockey is starting.  The lack of quality information in the guide is really hurting my recording efforts.  The guide should contain at least the following:

*The two teams playing each other

*The location of the event

*The original Air Time

*New or Repeat

*Short summary of the Teams playing such as what happened the last time they met.

This data is just so common I don't understand how it is missing.   Both TiVo and Comcast provide it.

Verizon needs to look into their Guide data provider and pronto."

And people in hell should have icewater...{no personal comments, please}!

Message Edited by Joe01880 on 09-24-2008 10:44 AM
Message Edited by CharlotteS on 09-24-2008 01:09 PM
Joe was here
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 50 of 62
(7,641 Views)

Re: {no personal comments, please}. If Verizons PQ was less than that of the compition you would complain about that. Its not so you look for something to compain about. Not enough HD channels perhaps, oh, 101 or so isnt enough?

Sorry your straw man doesn't work on this thread. We are discussing the shortcomings of the guide. 

"{keep it relevant} comparing it to Tivo, well Tivo charges you an arm and a leg for that guide so it dang well

better be good."

Are you implying that my FIOS TV is free? Maybe I have the wrong plan, because I pay for mine. And we all agree with you, that since WE do pay for " it dang well

better be good." That is the exact point of this thread. AND if I didn't presumably save money by locking in for 2 years, I would dump the TV.

"As for cable companies, well they have been doing this for almost 40 years, you would think they would have there act together, do they? If so why are so many of you switching to FiOS."

I switched for the beauty of a fiber optic connection. I love the high speed and my internet and phone. Let me explain how a decent business plan works: if you jump into an established market, you always start with the best of the existing and expand from there. (Maybe a new car company will start with a crank start!?)  It's as if no one at Verizon ever had TiVo or Comcast.

Message Edited by CharlotteS on 09-24-2008 01:11 PM
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.