Switch Account

Guide Feedback

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Guide Sucks.

Message 51 of 62
(9,381 Views)

Indeed.  I find it interesting (and somewhat bemusing) to read the vitriol-filled, outraged complaints about this shortcoming or that.  One must consider (1) How many Verizon FIOS customers are out there? (2) What percentage of them are dissatisfied? (3) What percentage of those frequent these boards? and (4) What the dozen or so folks who bombastically complain about the guide REALLY represent relative to the entire FIOS TV subscriber base?

I agree that the Guide has shortcomings that need to be addressed and corrected, but just "shouting" on the boards and typing lots of exclamation points doesn't make for a more compelling argument for one's case.  After all, this isn't politics!   And do you REALLY believe that the guide was designed for the specific purpose of annoying YOU?!  I suspect not.

Anyways, I have attempted to start a civil thread called "Feature Requests" where we can make feature requests in a non-emotional manner, and have been initially favorably predisposed to the several replies from the board moderators that they are looking at our recommendations.  What more can we ask?

I think we should continune to point out where there are problems or perceived problems in the hope of having them "corrected" or improved, but SCREAMING electronically is not likely to be helpful.

Perhaps if someone makes a point or suggestion with which you agree, it would be more effective to click on the "Kudos" icon for that post.  I would imagine that if a moderator sees a particular post with a recommendation that has 20, 30 or 100 "Kudos" then they might consider that this is something that is important to a larger percentage of the people and pass that info on to those who can do something about it.

Just a thought.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 52 of 62
(9,374 Views)

{keep it relevant} comparing it to Tivo, well Tivo charges you an arm and a leg for that guide so it dang well

better be good

"Are you implying that my FIOS TV is free"

"I switched for the beauty of a fiber optic connection. I love the high speed and my internet and phone."

You stated what you switched for, {no personal comments, please}

You knew FiOS is brand new tech when you signed up for it. You know new thing are being develped for it as you read this. Yours was the choice to switch. {keep it relevant}

{edited}, do you watch the guide or use it to tune to a channel, {edited}!

Message Edited by CharlotteS on 09-24-2008 01:21 PM
Joe was here
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Message 53 of 62
(9,378 Views)

Hi all,

I appreciate that some of you are upset with the tone of a few of the messages in the thread. We value constructive feedback, whether positive or negative. The moderators will edit for any Guideline violations if the tone isn't courteous. Further posts on this thread should be on the original topic of the Guide itself, please. 

Kudo-ing a post that you believe has good content is always a plus. 🙂

Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 54 of 62
(9,352 Views)

@Joe01880 wrote:

{edited}, do you watch the guide or use it to tune to a channel, {edited}!

Message Edited by CharlotteS on 09-24-2008 01:21 PM

The guide is extremely important to the viewing experience.  I use it to find what I want to record.  Unfortunately my life doesn't allow for much TV viewing in real time so I need to record most of it.  A guide that is missing many key elements as compared to the competition needs to be addressed. 

I have every bit of confidence that Verizon is going to make changes for the better based on our "constructive" feedback.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 55 of 62
(9,231 Views)
Re: have every bit of confidence that Verizon is going to make changes for the better based on our "constructive" feedback. Which response gave you this 'confidence'? The only positive thing I have heard is that some contract ends 12/31.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 56 of 62
(8,476 Views)
Maybe if we keep these Guide problem post at the top.  Just maybe Verizon will do something.  Maybe!!!  Just an FYI - Still sucks!!!!
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 57 of 62
(8,328 Views)

The program desciptions seem to have gotten better, but not 100%.  In my recordings of programs of say "Naked Science" it will list the title of the episode in the folder for SOME of them, others just say "Naked Science" and give a general program description - how can it be fixed for some and not all?  Another missing feature is what the original air date is - I think that may be the root cause as to why my DVR feels the need to record every episode of certian series, which would not be a problem if there was enough hard drive space!

Verizon, if you are listening, please:

- Fix the guide

- Include original air date

- Work with Motorola to enable the ports on the back of the DVR so we can add external hard drives.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 58 of 62
(8,300 Views)
I filed a customer advocacy complaint about this issue, and the lady that called me back said that they are aware of the issues, but that things will "improve" in late Q1.  I said that was interesting because I had been told that same thing for the last year.  Her example of improvement was the widgets, which I countered and asked how that improved the usability of my DVR and how it's basically a glorified VCR right now because I can't trust it to record anything.  She seems to think the issue is software related and not guide information related.  I tried explaining to her how the guide is what the DVR bases all it's recording information off of, but she didn't quite understand it.  I also told her how ridiculous it is that the VZ DVR costs more per month than any other provider in my area (Comcast, Dish Network, DirecTV) yet it is by far the absolute worst DVR available.  She said that she didn't even have FIOS at home because she didn't like missing shows on DVR.  Pretty crazy huh?
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 59 of 62
(8,155 Views)

@CapnTrips wrote:

Anyways, I have attempted to start a civil thread called "Feature Requests" where we can make feature requests in a non-emotional manner, and have been initially favorably predisposed to the several replies from the board moderators that they are looking at our recommendations.  What more can we ask?

I agree that screaming isn't the best way to get a point across - the old Honey vs. Vinegar thing.  However, your "...several replies from the board members that they are looking at our recommendations. What more can we ask?" leads me to respond: Action on these recommendations!  And if not action, at least information that the issue/request is being addressed and might have a resolution by "~X" date.  With a bit of good Customer Relations from Verizon, a lot fewer of us customers would be so annoyed that we'd be screaming our frustrations.  Many of the requests have been out there for a good long time with no input from Verizon as to what they plan, if anything, to do about them.  When you feel like your problems are being ignored, you get even more frustrated.

So what do you say Verizon, how about letting us know what's going on?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 60 of 62
(8,146 Views)

whoever provides this guide must be {please keep your posts courteous} .

Message Edited by KaLin on 12-11-2008 08:04 PM
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.