quick menu

Guide Issues (Continuous Scrolling)

Guide Issues (Continuous Scrolling)

Copper Contributor jct
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(2,650 Views)

Wandering if anyone can help.  When we scroll on our guide (pressing any of the arrows)  it continuously scrolls and when we type in a number for a channel the particular number repeats itself over and over.  This is  a recent problem.  Any suggestions?  I just got a new remote in the mail today thinking that it was a remote problem but I'm still having the same problem.  Could it be the DVR?

2 REPLIES
Employee Employee
Employee
Message 2 of 3
(2,623 Views)

It shouldn't be a problem with the box. When this happens it is usually something had spilled on the remote causing the buttons to stick on the inside. I know that you have a new remote. To see if its a problem with the remote or the box, bring this remote into another room and see if it does the same thing there. If it does, then its definitely a problem with the remote. If not, then its a problem with the box. You can do an auto fix on the box by doing the following. Press menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Moderator Moderator
Message 3 of 3
(57 Views)

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios