Re: Guide consistently WRONG!!!
nascar
Master - Level 1

Guide Listings are frustrating to say the least.  Here is one example of many... Thursday Night Football on the NFL Network.

Not on the guide. 

Is anyone out there in Verizon aware of this and doing something about it???

0 Likes
ou8one2

Are they listening?  APPARENTLY NOT!!!  This guide just SUCKS PERIOD!!!  I constantly I have incorrect guide data.  It list one show but when I tune in its not that show?  Do you know how many shows that have not recorded because of guide related inaccuracies.  I DVR WoodWorks, and I have missed several shows!  I would have part 1 then never get part 2?

PLEASE DO US A FAVOR AND FIX THIS!!!!!!

{font size decreased}

KaLin

Message Edited by KaLin on 11-18-2008 10:25 PM
0 Likes
jamieva
Contributor - Level 1

Guide shows Minnesota vs. Pittsburgh on Versus tonight.

THAT GAME WAS PLAYED LAST NIGHT!!!!

is it really this hard??

0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

@nascar wrote:

Guide Listings are frustrating to say the least.  Here is one example of many... Thursday Night Football on the NFL Network.

Not on the guide. 

We are listening and we are aware of the problem.  If anything else is heard about any fix for this coming up i will post it here and have it stickied for you guys to see.  With the end of the year coming up you can expect some changes to happen. 

TS

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

@TheSanchez wrote:

@nascar wrote:

Not on the guide. 

We are listening and we are aware of the problem.  If anything else is heard about any fix for this coming up i will post it here and have it stickied for you guys to see.  With the end of the year coming up you can expect some changes to happen. 

TS

Looking forward to some positive changes!  Thanks!

0 Likes
Artech

Thanks for listening!  We anxiously await the improvements...Smiley Happy

0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

Figured I would go ahead and put up an update for you guys.  I spoke to one of our people in network support and there still hasn't been any word on a new vendor, if one is to be selected.  These types of decisions are usually kept very tight lipped and the FSC usually gets notification 1-2 months after it has happened.  If I hear anything else I will post up immediatly.  I would also like to point out that many features upcoming and implemented now have actually come from online user bases.  Some examples are more than one favorites channel list, parental control improvements and those little mini games on our standard boxes.  Not to mention you guys will usually report bugs faster than anyone else calling in will ie remote web dvr not working properly.  So from me thank you guys for your attention to detail and just know that we do listen and forward along information.  Thanks for being part of the FiOS community. 

TS

nascar
Master - Level 1

It is nice to know you are listening and making changes per our feedback!

I'm sure the Executives must know how bad the Guide data is and how it can render the DVR almost useless and take away some of the Series Recording features that should be a given today.  TiVo is the example all DVR's should strive for.

I'll tell you that this forum and the people here at Verizon separates you from Comcast.  Everyone at Verizon really seems to care about the customer.

One of my best decisions was to leave Comcast for FiOS.  Thank you! 

0 Likes
ou8one2

@TheSanchez wrote:

TS

Thank you.  Thats all we need is a little feed back.  Now since we got all these new HD channels run off and tell someone to get the the eSATA and USB activated so we can add an ext HDD  🙂

0 Likes
searay1
I agree!! Yesterday it stated that SU was playing Conneticut at 7pm at the carrier dome, when I knew for a fact they were playing Notre Dame..........again more issues with verizon, should of stayed with brighthouse(FL)
0 Likes