Guide features I'd like to see sooner than later
ffrcoupe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Having been a DTV customer for many, many years I got used to a couple of guide features they have on their DVR.

1st, there needs to be the ability to view upcoming shows when viewing a show in Series Manager.  Right now, I am using Create Recording, Search for Show, and entering the show name to get the upcoming shows. It works but it would be nice (and logical to me) if I could do the same thing from the Series Manager.

2nd, there needs to be a way to jump ahead in the guide other than scrolling.  DTV had a feature that you could jump to a date and time in the guide.

TIA for you consideration and keep up the good work. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: Guide features I'd like to see sooner than later
PJL
Master - Level 3

@ffrcoupe wrote:

2nd, there needs to be a way to jump ahead in the guide other than scrolling.  DTV had a feature that you could jump to a date and time in the guide.

There is a way:  You can skip forward or backward a day at a time by using the skip forward or skip backward button.  Unfortunately you cannot skip to a specific date.

0 Likes
ffrcoupe
Enthusiast - Level 3

@PJL wrote:

@ffrcoupe wrote:

There is a way:  You can skip forward or backward a day at a time by using the skip forward or skip backward button.  Unfortunately you cannot skip to a specific date.

Well... that's a start.

Thanks. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
forya1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had Dish network and the full screen guide was real nice with 3 hours of time info, and a larger screen showing you what you were watching while you looked through the guide.  It also gave you the all of the info about the show on the guide screen, you didn't have to use the INFO button to see what actors were in a movie they were right there.

It also displayed the episode and season # of the show.  This really helped when you didn't know when the new episode of the show was.  On some basic cable channels they rerun the show so many times it is hard to find the original air date to set a recording.

0 Likes