Guide not working properly on newly activated HD Multi-room DVR
GeorgiaR51
Enthusiast - Level 1

I activiated an HD Multi Room DVR and an HD STB today.  Both activations went thru (despite having to do the DVR manually) and the guide is working on the HD STB but not on the DVR.  I can get all the channels if I use the channel +/- buttons but if I use the guide and access the channels that way, there are some that come up Channel Not Available with code 0881. I've tried the on screen troubleshooting and called tech support and he had me uplug the power cord from the DVR, wait and then plug it back in...still doesn't work.  The tech thought it might be the splitter but I don't know which one he means...there are two outside and one inside. I'm not sure he's right ayway since I'm not having any issues with any other TVs or the internet.  I even tried the DVR box on the TV in the family room and it didn't work there either.   I had an HD DVR that wasn't multi-room and  decided to get the multi-room but now I wish I hadn't.  I didn't have any problems with the non-multi room unit.  HELP!

0 Likes
Re: Guide not working properly on newly activated HD Multi-room DVR
GeorgiaR51
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got off the phone with tech support..  They're shipping a new box to me.  Stay tuned!

0 Likes
espbro

I had the same problem. I had to go online at verizon selfinstall and activate my service. I was given an activation code when I switched out my old boxes for new ones, at a Fios store. I have one HD Multiroom DVR, one HD box and one STD box. There was no menu on any of the boxes, until I activated the account. Then the boxes would not share, so I called tech and they had to activate the boxes once again. Then in the DVR menu, I had to refresh the DVR. Then all programs from the Multiroom DVR showed up on my other boxes. 

Hope this helps

0 Likes
GeorgiaR51
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received the replacement DVR today and of course, got the dredded DVI code.  Switched to component cables and got a 0 code on the STB.  After numerous attempts to unplug the power cord, replug, turn off the router,  turn it back  on, I finally called tech support and was given a vague answer about why I couldn't activate it...but the guy on the phone did it from that end and the guide is working.

0 Likes