Guide suddenly 4:3
jkevans1

Previously I could have sworn I had a full-screen guide and today I have a 4:3 guide.  I have scoured all the menus for an option to change this, but can't find it.  Also, the guide seems to be slow with a lag when I try to bring up the guide, move the selection box, or select a new option.

Any ideas what is going on?  I've already try power-cycling my box.  This is a Motorola multi-room DVR box (QIP6416).  I also have a HD STB (QIP7100-P2) in another room, but don't have these issues.

Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Guide suddenly 4:3
PJL
Master - Level 3

@jkevans wrote:

Previously I could have sworn I had a full-screen guide and today I have a 4:3 guide.  I have scoured all the menus for an option to change this, but can't find it.  Also, the guide seems to be slow with a lag when I try to bring up the guide, move the selection box, or select a new option.

Any ideas what is going on?  I've already try power-cycling my box.  This is a Motorola multi-room DVR box (QIP6416).  I also have a HD STB (QIP7100-P2) in another room, but don't have these issues.

Please help!

The 6416 does not support a full HD 16x9 guide.  The processor is too slow. 

0 Likes
jkevans1

Hmm, that's crazy.  I just got FiOS a few weeks ago, why would they have given me an older model box?  What's the best way to get this remedied?  I see online that I can upgrade my box, but it looks like there's a $40 fee for that?!!?

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@jkevans wrote:

Hmm, that's crazy.  I just got FiOS a few weeks ago, why would they have given me an older model box?  What's the best way to get this remedied?  I see online that I can upgrade my box, but it looks like there's a $40 fee for that?!!?

Yes, it's crazy, but it's Verizon you know.  Unfortunately you get what you get, either from a tech or through the mail, unless you make a fuss with the tech. 

The upgrade is "marketed" as a larger capacity DVR, not for an "improved" STB that has all the improved design features. 

0 Likes
jkevans1

OK, thanks for the info.

0 Likes