Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Guide suddenly 4:3

jkevans
Contributor
Contributor

Guide suddenly 4:3

Message 1 of 5
(585 Views)

Previously I could have sworn I had a full-screen guide and today I have a 4:3 guide.  I have scoured all the menus for an option to change this, but can't find it.  Also, the guide seems to be slow with a lag when I try to bring up the guide, move the selection box, or select a new option.

Any ideas what is going on?  I've already try power-cycling my box.  This is a Motorola multi-room DVR box (QIP6416).  I also have a HD STB (QIP7100-P2) in another room, but don't have these issues.

Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
PJL
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: Guide suddenly 4:3

Message 2 of 5
(580 Views)

@jkevans wrote:

Previously I could have sworn I had a full-screen guide and today I have a 4:3 guide.  I have scoured all the menus for an option to change this, but can't find it.  Also, the guide seems to be slow with a lag when I try to bring up the guide, move the selection box, or select a new option.

Any ideas what is going on?  I've already try power-cycling my box.  This is a Motorola multi-room DVR box (QIP6416).  I also have a HD STB (QIP7100-P2) in another room, but don't have these issues.

Please help!

The 6416 does not support a full HD 16x9 guide.  The processor is too slow. 

jkevans
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(578 Views)

Hmm, that's crazy.  I just got FiOS a few weeks ago, why would they have given me an older model box?  What's the best way to get this remedied?  I see online that I can upgrade my box, but it looks like there's a $40 fee for that?!!?

PJL
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 4 of 5
(558 Views)

@jkevans wrote:

Hmm, that's crazy.  I just got FiOS a few weeks ago, why would they have given me an older model box?  What's the best way to get this remedied?  I see online that I can upgrade my box, but it looks like there's a $40 fee for that?!!?

Yes, it's crazy, but it's Verizon you know.  Unfortunately you get what you get, either from a tech or through the mail, unless you make a fuss with the tech. 

The upgrade is "marketed" as a larger capacity DVR, not for an "improved" STB that has all the improved design features. 

jkevans
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 5
(547 Views)

OK, thanks for the info.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title