Guide
wengerda1962
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a problem with the size of the programming guide.  The size of the guide is shrink to show only in the center of the screen and not in a full size.  I do have on the settings for full size.  I contacted the FIOS technical support, and told me to disconnect the coaxial cable and ac power cable.  I di it, and when the system came up the guide show correctly.  After half an hour of watching a channel went back to the guide, and again the guide shows half size.  I know I can make the size of the guide to show full size if I change my setting on my tv to wide zoom or zoom, but that will affect the picture of many programs. Can somebody tell me any recommendations.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Guide
prisaz
Legend

If in the process you switched your TV to stretch, or switched the STB SD overide on. You may have been able to get a full screen guide. Currently the guide is 4:3 aspect ratio and not 16:9, and this will give you the side bars. With the img 1.9 software that will be released soon, there will be a true HD 16:9 guide available. Please provide more information if this is what you are posting about. On my wide screen I always have the black side bars, and look forward to the new software update.

0 Likes
wengerda1962
Enthusiast - Level 2

On one of my TV's it does show the widescreen guide without me changing the settings on the tv (i.e.. wide zoom), all the times now.  On my second TV after plugging/unplugging the box it did work to show the guide in widescreen but it went away after half an hour.  Either way the one TV is showing the guide in widescreen and the other tv is not.  Both tvs are 1080p?  Dont know why one works the right way and the other one worked for a few and went back to the small screen.  In my case I get on the right/left side a black screen. 

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Is it possible that on one of your boxes the SD Override is set to stretch and the other to OFF or one of the 480 selections?  Check your STB Video settings as this is a possible reason for your issue.

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

One of your settings must be in stretch mode. You are not supposed to see the guide in full screen yet like prisaz said.

0 Likes
wengerda1962
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your responses, but I had technical support with me for 3 hours yesterday evening onthe phone. They never heard this problem before.  They are sending a technician next Monday to check the connection.  You are telling me that the guide should not be shown in wide screen but the Verizon technical support stated that it should work.  I asked a few of my friends that have FIOS and they both told me that they do get the guide full screen.  Confused.

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

You are wasting your time if you are getting a technician to your house. The guide is in 4:3. There are a few beta testers with the full widescreen guide, but they are limited for now.

wengerda1962
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay I understand, and appreciate your response.

0 Likes