Switch Account

HARDCOPY OF PURCHASED MOVIES

HARDCOPY OF PURCHASED MOVIES

Highlighted
Contributor 4ECB
Contributor
Message 1 of 8
(1,260 Views)

How do I make a hard copy of movies I purchased via On Demand? I want to make a copy on a CD utilizing my laptop. I have a wireless Verizon internet access on my Windows 7 Home Premium Toshiba laptop and Extreme HD ,Quantum, 50/50 speed service, a DVR and HD set top box.

7 REPLIES 7
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Message 2 of 8
(1,232 Views)

@4ECB wrote:

How do I make a hard copy of movies I purchased via On Demand? I want to make a copy on a CD utilizing my laptop. I have a wireless Verizon internet access on my Windows 7 Home Premium Toshiba laptop and Extreme HD ,Quantum, 50/50 speed service, a DVR and HD set top box.

You cant, well legally, that I know of.

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 8
(1,210 Views)

Only way I know of is to play the movies from one device to another that can record them (ie STB to DVD recorder).

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 4 of 8
(1,203 Views)

@CRobGauth wrote:

Only way I know of is to play the movies from one device to another that can record them (ie STB to DVD recorder).

That doesn't work either. At least it doesn't on the two DVD recorders I have. When I have tried in the past it will tell me that this is copyright protected and can't be recorded. 

Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Message 5 of 8
(1,194 Views)

@hallrk wrote:

@CRobGauth wrote:

That doesn't work either. At least it doesn't on the two DVD recorders I have. When I have tried in the past it will tell me that this is copyright protected and can't be recorded. 

Exactly, which is why you cant do it legally.

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 6 of 8
(1,191 Views)

I have not done it for movies I have purchsed, but have for movies I have rented.

I use the video out (composite) and it works fine.

But my recorder is probably 10 years old.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 7 of 8
(1,177 Views)

Wondering if this would work,  Free Desktop Recorder & Screen Recording Software for Windows 8 | 7

Might be a little cheeeeeese, but I bet it would work.

Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Message 8 of 8
(1,125 Views)

Because this thead has strayed into an area that infringes on copyright and ownership, it will now be locked.   You may wish to check out the FiOS mobile app https://www.verizon.com/fiostv/myapps/unprotected/apps.aspx  where you can manage DVR recordings, watch free and paid VOD and watch live programming.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.