HBO GO Account
fkktpa

I'm new to the forums and HBO Go. I've searched the forums but couldn't find anything on HBO Go account creations. Can anyone tell me how to create a new sub-account within HBO Go? The terms of Use state it can be done via Parental controls, however the only thing I can see is a way to change my own account, not create new ones. I am the primary Verizon account holder so it works for me, but I want to create a couple for the family so they don't have to use mine. I tried registering my Verizon sub-accounts with HBO Go but I get an error message stating I am not a subscriber when I tried that. I'm of the impression it has to be done within HBO Go and linked to the primary Verizon account. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: HBO GO Account
Rhodyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can't even get it to work with my primary account! It says that I have to subscribe to HBO (which I do). I logged into my account at the Verizon site and it says I am a subscriber. **bleep**?! Smiley Mad

0 Likes
VZ_Constance
Contributor - Level 1

Hello fkktpa...the sub-accounts are not created within HBO Go, you create them on Verizon.net under My Accounts. The sub account user will use their specific user name and log on and log into Fios TV Central, and then from Fios TV Central go to the Fios TV online tab and click Watch Online under the  HBO heading, it will direct  you to HBO Go and you proceed from there. Now you as the primary, can manage the sub accounts on HBO GO. You can set it so that sub accounts users can only access G, PG-13 or TV 14 content for example. You should not be getting an error unless you just recently created the sub-accounts because there is a delay however that delay should only be for no more than 72 hours at best. (and I am being overly generous in that estimate).

Hope that helps! Thanks for reaching out!!

0 Likes
VZ_Constance
Contributor - Level 1

hi Rhodyman...and do you also have Fios data?

Rhodyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Constance,

Yes, I have all 3 services. I was able to register for HBO GO after a few tries..Smiley Happy

I'm very happy with Fios (I'm a new subscriber) and I don't miss DirecTV at all!

0 Likes
JiveTurkey2
Contributor - Level 1

**BUMP**

I am having problems registering for HBO GO.  I go to "Sign Up", gives VZ.com popup that asks me to sign in w/ my credentials for VZ.com, which I do, then it says I need to subscribe to HBO.  That's funny, because I've had HBO for nearly a month now....I've searched the site w/ no answers.  Is anyone else having problems?!  It's quite annoying, as I spend more time on my PC than TV nowadays (as do most people), and I'd LOVE to watch "Curb Your Enthusiasm" on the go (I have my hand Droid tethered to my laptop). 🙂

0 Likes
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

Hello JiveTurkey,

There was an issue going on yesterday with HBO Go giving an error message that you need to subscribe to HBO.  This issue should be cleared now, if it is not can you please send me a private message with your Verizon email address and I I will work on this for you. Thanks

0 Likes
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

0 Likes
nflfan

I have an HBO and Epix subscription since 4/28. As of 5/2, I can not access their online viewing services. So far, Verizon tech support has been no help. I wish to use this forum to get competent assistance in resolving the matter.

0 Likes
Re: HBO GO Account not working with Verizon
azdan

I have the same problem.  I have FIOS w/HBO but the GO HBO site tells me I need to subscribe to HBO.  Happend this morning and all weekend.  Arrrrggggg.

0 Likes