Re: HBO GO Account
nflfan

Epix just advised me that Fios is mysteriously dragging their feet in resolving the online access issues. Why is that Fios? Why do you blame Epix?

0 Likes
Re: HBO GO Account not working with Verizon
azdan

Phoned verizon support to ask about GO HBO and my problem logging in.  Went through numerous prompts -- finally had a person -- then referred to another (1/2 hour so far) and then she put me on hold for a while -- and then -- hung up on me. 

Double ARGGGGG.  Have internet, tv, and phone with verizon -- contemplating ending all three.  Advice?

0 Likes
Sleverus
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only problem w/ ending your verizon service is the fact that all providers are horrible at resolving issues and taking care of customers.  I think it is a combination of stupidity and trying to get services out first, even if you can't get them to work.  HBOGO is approx the 77th item verizon has advertised (expensively) that either doesn't work or doesn't exist.

I have been trying to register at hbogo.com, try to login w/ my verizon credentials.  Choose fios as service provider, tiny little html page shows up in the middle of the hbogo.com page asking for my verizon login info.  I enter the info, the tiny little html window goes away, replaced by another one asking for the same login information.  No message of an error or problem, it just keeps refreshing asking for the same info again and again and again.

I'd love this service, but I will not call verizon cs for help.  The only thing worse than being ignored (or worse, getting idiotic questions) by tech support in these forums is dealing w/ verizon on the phone.

I've been a fios customer for several years, have all the bells and whistles (except epix.  pay for another movie channel?  Really?)  They have screwed up my service, billing, equipment, software, etc...  You name it they screwed it up and took a year to fix it. Still awaiting confirmation that my billing has been corrected.  A situation going on since June 2009.

My advice to anyone who wants it is this: Do not expect hbogo.com to work properly; then give verizon 6 - 12 months to fix it; then don't expect it to work properly.

If it was raining out today, I'd probably just sit here and type my frustrations out all day.

0 Likes
Pauly
Enthusiast - Level 3

There was a problem with the Verizon servers recognizing that you had hbo when you signed up tried to sign up for hbo go. If you weren't signed up, then you might have had problems being able to access hbo go. I just setup a new email address, and went to hbogo.com and signed up with my subaccount. Using the beginning part of my vz email as my username, and same password as my email, and it worked.

0 Likes
Sleverus
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't use service provider based email.  Makes it easier to switch ISP's.  I did not get a message saying I wasn't recognized as a fios customer or that I did not have HBO.  It just kept showing me the login screen, in miniature, over and over again.

Now, even better, the hbogo.com website pops up a little window telling me I need flash player 10.1.  I click OK, or try to, but it is frozen.  Can't click cancel either.  And of course the page won't load.  I know verizon will blame hbo, hbo will blame comcast and comcast will blame dish.  It is of course obvious, however, it must be me.

0 Likes
Superquant

I have the same issue - when I login to HBO GO it tells me I need to be a subscriber - which I have been for over 2 years .. HELP

0 Likes
razor24

SAME issue for me - HBO subscriber, HBO go says I am not CINEMAX doesn't work either  -  just spent an hour on live chat with Verizon agent "Salvador" who in the end said it was not a Verizon problem but an HBO go problem and I would need to contact THEIR customer service...really?  Anyone who actually gets resolve on this PLEASE advise.  I even heard a Verizon commercial earlier advertising that you can watch online and on the IPHONE, yet they are not solving the issue.

0 Likes
Disconnect2

"Me too." No matter what I do, it either shows me the "You should sign up for fios and hbo" page or it shows a cropped-off version of the usual My Verizon page. Tried maxgo.com, hbogo.com, the hbo go android app.. multiple browsers, multiple password resets, etc. It just flat doesn't work..

(Edit: the app for android was half of why we subscribed to hbo to begin with, so this is really proving to be a problem.)

0 Likes
Disconnect2

Going from the verizon website via the "apps" at the bottom leads directly to: https: // signin.verizon.com/sso/ssoerror/cphError.jsp?partner=hbo&TARGET=https://profile.hbogo.com/apps/profile/ rest/profileService/ssologin/VERIZON&RelayState=http://www.hbogo.com &src=NOTFiOSTVORFiOSINTERNETUSER

To watch movies, you will need to subscribe to FiOS TV with HBO.
Order online now.

(The fun thing is, we -are- fios residential tv of course. And stupidly-expensive fios commercial internet.)

Added spaces for readability, and to prevent the link from getting mangled by the forum..

0 Likes
Disconnect2

So after an hour and change on chat (tech support sent me to billing, billing sent me back) they had me dig out a windows box and register my verizon internet account with business.verizon.net. All fine, and I probably should have done that when I first got the service.

Except of course, that new account -still- says I need to subscribe to fios tv. (Which does make some sense, since it is an internet-only business account..)

Could they get any more useless? We're out of contract, does anyone have a recommendation for a provider that isn't so hoarked up all the time? (I should have known at the beginning - we had to get 2 drops to our house, 2 trenches in the yard, 2 boxes on the back, 2 power packs, etc. Why? Because they couldn't provide static ip on the same physical cable as tv. Seriously. There is zero technical reason for that - my internet connection is not somehow magically different than the standard one, it just has more bandwidth and preassigned addresses. And don't even ask how much effort they spent getting me cablecards that worked. At one point I had no-joke 8 techs sitting on my couch arguing about it.)

0 Likes