HBO GO and ShowtimeAnytime don't work on laptop
bridge14
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am subscribed to HBO and Showtime.  When I try to watch on my laptop, I get "invalid certificate" message and also a banner at the top telling me I am "not subscribed to this service, upgrade now." I spent two hours with tech support yesterday; they seemed to reset Safari and it worked for a while.  Today, it's back to the error messages.  Help!

0 Likes
Re: HBO GO and ShowtimeAnytime don't work on laptop
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Bridge14,

Is your date and time correct on the computer as that's the only reason for a invalid or bad certificate.

Thanks,

Todd

0 Likes
Re: HBO GO and ShowtimeAnytime don't work on laptop
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

More likely a different problem.  Assuming you are subscribed to HBO and SHOWTIME.

• Make sure you have Latest Flash
  • You must support third party cookies.  Flash must allow storage of data for third parties.
  • You must not have cookies set to delete when you leave your browser (Flash honors this and will delete info when you leave a site).  When you are getting authorized it switches from HBO/Showtime to Verizon do a authorization check and saves info that must remain there in order for you to to view programming.
  • You may have to first logout of Verizon before trying this, as with you logged on it does some page switching which doesn't work within the frames that are launched.
0 Likes