Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

HBO GO and ShowtimeAnytime don't work on laptop

bridge14
Contributor
Contributor

HBO GO and ShowtimeAnytime don't work on laptop

Message 1 of 3
(527 Views)

I am subscribed to HBO and Showtime.  When I try to watch on my laptop, I get "invalid certificate" message and also a banner at the top telling me I am "not subscribed to this service, upgrade now." I spent two hours with tech support yesterday; they seemed to reset Safari and it worked for a while.  Today, it's back to the error messages.  Help!

2 REPLIES 2
Verizon_Support
Employee Employee
Employee

Re: HBO GO and ShowtimeAnytime don't work on laptop

Message 2 of 3
(480 Views)

Bridge14,

Is your date and time correct on the computer as that's the only reason for a invalid or bad certificate.

Thanks,

Todd

tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: HBO GO and ShowtimeAnytime don't work on laptop

Message 3 of 3
(429 Views)

More likely a different problem.  Assuming you are subscribed to HBO and SHOWTIME.

• Make sure you have Latest Flash
  • You must support third party cookies.  Flash must allow storage of data for third parties.
  • You must not have cookies set to delete when you leave your browser (Flash honors this and will delete info when you leave a site).  When you are getting authorized it switches from HBO/Showtime to Verizon do a authorization check and saves info that must remain there in order for you to to view programming.
  • You may have to first logout of Verizon before trying this, as with you logged on it does some page switching which doesn't work within the frames that are launched.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.