Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

HBO GO on Apple TV and HBO GO AirPlay Problems

thewebcobbler
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

HBO GO on Apple TV and HBO GO AirPlay Problems

Message 1 of 1
(1,889 Views)

I recently received a hand-me-down iPad 2, and set up HBO GO / Max Go on it, along with a few more apps like WatchESPN.

I tested it out several days ago with the Airplay feature (Coming from the Original iPad , I did not have this feature) , and all was working normally.

After several weeks of not using HBO GO on my Apple TV, i decided to use it. I got booted, and it asked me to re-"activate" my device. I have not gotten this message since I first activated when the app was 1st available on the Apple TV.

I thought this was weird, so I loaded up HBO on my iPad. I did not have to sign in, because it remember me. Anyway, I started to watch a movie, and then Airplayed it to the TV. Unlike before, the COG wheel kept spinning , and soon it received an error that is could Not be AirPlayed. I have Never gotten this message before with HBO. The same thing happened on MaxGO.

Also, I have tested this with AirPlaying other videos from various apps and Web Content. All is fine there.

I believe since I have not done anything on my end, and being at least Airplay worked just a couple days prior, that HBO is the one that is having problems. Even though there site does not say so.

Sorry for the long explanation. My question is: Has anyone gotten this error besides me? Either being signed out of HBOGO on Apple TV, or AIrplay error, to Both?

Thank You

Much Appreciated,

WebCobbler

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title